IGNORED

hack idea - Rally-X

bigdcaldavis2k

• 3 weeks later...

atarius maximus, i need some help. i'm trying to hack montezuma's revenge, but i can't get the code to compile correctly. i read you had some problems when you tried to hack it, but eventually you got it working. i downloaded your binary and it works fine. but when i compile the source code, my binary won't work. i got the source code from www.bjars.com and i haven't made any changes to it whatsoever. did you use any special command line options? or was the source broken and you fixed it? could you post your final version of the source code?

I got it to work by changing the DEC Z00BA to a NOP NOP, and then running it in Stella 2.0.1 using the "-type e0" option (stella.exe -type e0 romname.bin). It won't work unless you launch it with that option from the command line.

And once it's working with those commandline arguments, you can automatically save a properties entry from within Stella. Go to Options->Game Information and press 'OK'. Then you can use the ROM without having to use the commandline at all.