IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

Has anybody had any contact with Curt Vendel?

I'm waiting on two of the Legacy Engineering Group's Atari 2600 PC joysticks that I ordered awhile ago. I've tried to contact Curt here, and haven't gotten a PM back.

Did anybody here order these items and receive them? Shortly after I ordered, the order status on Curt's site changed to these items being out of stock and that they were back-logged on shipping them out.

Curt has had health issues. I know that he was in the hospital not that long ago. I don't know if he has fully recovered or not.

Edited by holygrailvideogames.com

Ok... well, I want to make it clear, I'm not accussing him of being a "bad trader" or anything. I suspected that something was up when the items didn't show. I just used this thread because I figured if anyone else was in my situation, this would be the forum and thread it would be showing up in.

I told him in my last correspondence there was no hurry. I think it was only $40. If someone could get a note to him for me, though, I'd appreciate it.

I hope it isn't serious and he gets better soon. If things are difficult for him now, the same thing applies, there is no rush.

Edited by Paranoid

• 4 weeks later...

power7714 was sent money over a month ago for a Pico, Snes games, Nes games, and a GBA flash cart. He stopped communicating, sent nothing.

Paypal decided in my favor, however, they were unable to recover any funds

from the seller's account.

power7714

Steve Curtis

power7714@gmail.com

STEVE Contact me immediately. Anyone who has information on this seller should contact me with his details. I'm going to be forced to pursue fraud charges against this person.

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax

• 2 weeks later...

I was ripped off by two users April 2009...

April 2009 I paid DeuceGoose (AKA James Wright, J Warren, JGOW1979@yahoo.com) Only sent a quarter of the items paid for. I paid for insurance.

Canton MI

April 2009 I paid TyeDyeJellyFish (AKA Jane, jtreanor@live.com, J Treanor) and still have not received anything from her. I paid for insurance. No email since I paid. email now rejects.

MI

________________________________________________________________________________

In Nov of 2007 I paid nyatarifanatic@aol.com (AKA James Orr) and still have not received anything from him. I paid for insurance. Said he would send my money back but hasn't.

james orr

594 east 88th street

brooklyn ny 11236

James or Jimmy Orr

BrooklynAtari

NYAtarifan

eBay ----> NYAtariFanatic http://myworld.ebay.com/nyatarifanatic/

nyatarifanatic@aol.com

james.orr@aol.com

See also: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1630151

• 3 weeks later...
I was ripped off by two users April 2009...

April 2009 I paid DeuceGoose (AKA James Wright, J Warren, JGOW1979@yahoo.com) Only sent a quarter of the items paid for. I paid for insurance.

Canton MI

April 2009 I paid TyeDyeJellyFish (AKA Jane, jtreanor@live.com, J Treanor) and still have not received anything from her. I paid for insurance. No email since I paid. email now rejects.

MI

________________________________________________________________________________

In Nov of 2007 I paid nyatarifanatic@aol.com (AKA James Orr) and still have not received anything from him. I paid for insurance. Said he would send my money back but hasn't.

james orr

594 east 88th street

brooklyn ny 11236

James or Jimmy Orr

BrooklynAtari

NYAtarifan

eBay ----> NYAtariFanatic http://myworld.ebay.com/nyatarifanatic/

nyatarifanatic@aol.com

james.orr@aol.com

See also: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1630151

thanx for the info on James Orr, or brooklynatari....Paid $80 September last year, he send me a piece of crap XEGS, then promises to make it up by sending me an 800xl which I have NEVER seen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This has been bugging me for years....

since 2005

AA name:

bark40oz

AKA:

William XXXXXXXXX

902 n cascade w.b.731

coloradosprings co 80946

Did a huge trade with him for all my Neo stuff for "Everything" Jaguar

Shipped him the stuff...had constant Emails...He got my stuff..month goes by..still got emails..Oh your Jag stuff musta got lost in the mail....month goes by..I have it dude they found it at the PO.....Ill ship it out when I get cash...OK

THEN my JAG stuff was stolen from his house? WTF! And he knew who had it!....Got it back from them...Ill ship it when I get some cash!....Got cash now my car is broke and I way sick with heart problems....So I say I come to pick it up on my VACATION.....OH DUDE I can totally ship it again........You havent got it yet....NO......I'll put a trace on it for you........nothing yet?....NO!NO!NO!

So I pulled my card..Im a Postal Inspector for the USPS!

Im looking into the whole Shipping thing I said....

So he comes back with DUDE I'll just send you back your NEO stuff....FINE!

About 3 weeks later I get 2 large boxes of hundreds of 2600 games from UPS!

I conact him he sent me the wrong stuff and somebody else has my Neo stuff....ARG!

Do you have any clue on how many guns I have?

So he has UPS ship me out new stickers to get this fixed...

I get the new stickers but Im thinking GOD I know if I ship this out I'll never see my Neo Stuff Again...Really almost just kept them.

Well I shipped it out...2 weeks later I get most of my Neo stuff back, some in pretty bad condition, like my new cracked system.

Yeah they musta played the hell out of it....

Never heard from him again.....Always wondered who's atari games I got since he never recovered them from the theft at his house...

There is so much more I left out, but this guy threw out soooooo many sob stories and BS after I sent the stuff out.

LIAR LIAR LIAR at least keep your stories straight.

Sorry...just a VERY sore spot for me in my first year here.

Now I dont trust anyone named Will,William,Bill

Or Colorado!

So if ya thought I was just pulling you chain about this guy.

Check this out. Found it last night.

I should post something in the thread over there.

He woulda got my for over $5000

I guess I was pretty lucky to get it back just took 6 months.

I did say I would drive up there with some guns & buddies...I woulda too.icon_mrgreen.gif

Still wanna know whos box of Atari 2600 carts I got?

Hadda be about 150-200 carts.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159642

• 1 month later...

This has been biting my butt for over a month. User atariauctions answered my wanted topic for a 5200, offering a boxed system complete in the box for $60.00 + shipping. I PM'd him offering $75.00 shipped. The next day he replied saying $75.00 wasn't enough to cover shipping, so I asked if he could find out how much shipping would be. Never replied after that, and I wound up buying an XEGS off ebay (several days after his reply). And what really burns me is that he had actually read my second post just hours after posting it, so I know he hadn't just been away. But of the bright side, I would definetly reccomend ebay user briansbizzar, ships fast and packages stuff well.

Edited by 4Ks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=10&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&icep_uq=&icep_sellerId=cell1064&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

cell1064

THIS SELLER IS ABSOLUTELY NOT TO BE TRUSTED!!!!!

Sold me a NTSC Mangia for $400 - which was PAL and now I can't get a refund from him.

AS CROOKED AS THEY COME - will try 101 ways to get out of a refund.

Still going through the refund process with ebay - hopefully I will get it - but the seller will give you any excuse not to pay.

Edited by nofrills100

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=10&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&icep_uq=&icep_sellerId=cell1064&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

cell1064

Sold me a NTSC Mangia for $400 - which was PAL and now I can't get a refund from him.

Still going through the refund process with ebay - hopefully I will get it - but the seller will give you any excuse not to pay.

Next time you should ask for screenshots! And stay away from auctions like this...........NTSC Mangia, Bumper Bash and Gashog often turn out as PAL games........

cell1064

Next time you should ask for screenshots! And stay away from auctions like this...........NTSC Mangia, Bumper Bash and Gashog often turn out as PAL games........

:sad: sob sob....

now you tell me....

US$412 later...

:sad:

edit... ebay ensures me that I will get a refund.... why aren't I excited??!!

Edited by nofrills100

I also am awaiting a Paypal claim refund for a transaction with cell1064 for this auction:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1403813533031?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=140381353303&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Title = Atari 2600 Game BMX ARIMASTER ntsc ATARI

Description = This Auction is for the Atari 2600 Game BMX AIRMASTER BY ATARI. THIS CART APPEARS TO BE NTSC. IT DOES WORK ON U.S. TELEVISIONS.

What I paid = $136

What I got = PAL BMX Airmaster worth $10 tops

I also am awaiting a Paypal claim refund for a transaction with cell1064 for this auction:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1403813533031?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=140381353303&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Description = This Auction is for the Atari 2600 Game BMX AIRMASTER BY ATARI. THIS CART APPEARS TO BE NTSC. IT DOES WORK ON U.S. TELEVISIONS.

What I paid = $136

Did he try this on you? - He told me that he would refund me through Paypal... so I waited... promted him again after 4 days and then he claimed there was no record of my payment to him through paypal to begin with, and that I should open a paypal claim. So I find my original receipt and open a paypal refund. He still doesn't pay. After 2 days somehow my paypal refund gets escalated to a claim? then the claim gets closed immediately - because I have a case open with ebay? All this I'm guessing to stall me from returning the item within the time limit of the ebay refund claim?

In his listing he out-right said that it was NTSC! No 'ifs' or 'maybes'. I didn't question it because he was so forthright in saying so. He had a bunch of seemingly rare stuff on ebay and he certainly looked to be 'in the know' with his collection. Then when I got it and discovered it was PAL I contacted him and he seemed genuine in his reply. Initially, being the nice guy I am, I really thought he may have made an honest mistake - But then given his delays and failure to respond to my questions - I really think he was trying it on the whole way through.

Now I have paid $25 to return it to him in order to get a refund! And I am still waiting for the refund. (admittedly it is still in the post).

That is one thing I really don't get with ebay. You buy an item and you have to pay for it upfront - you have to trust them in order to get the item. But when the shit hits the fan and the item is wrong / dodgey etc... rather than them now having to return your funds and trust that you are returning it to them... you have to pay out yet more $$$ and now doubley trust that they (who are more than likely scamming you) will receive your item and refund you what you are due!!!!! So you end up with a heap of money owing to you and not even an item to show for it!!! totally backwards in my opinion! :?

Edited by nofrills100

What I paid = $136

Did he try this on you? - He told me that he would refund me through Paypal... so I waited... promted him again after 4 days and then he claimed there was no record of my payment to him through paypal to begin with, and that I should open a paypal claim. So I find my original receipt and open a paypal refund. He still doesn't pay. After 2 days somehow my paypal refund gets escalated to a claim? then the claim gets closed immediately - because I have a case open with ebay? All this I'm guessing to stall me from returning the item within the time limit of the ebay refund claim?

In his listing he out-right said that it was NTSC! No 'ifs' or 'maybes'. I didn't question it because he was so forthright in saying so. He had a bunch of seemingly rare stuff on ebay and he certainly looked to be 'in the know' with his collection. Then when I got it and discovered it was PAL I contacted him and he seemed genuine in his reply. Initially, being the nice guy I am, I really thought he may have made an honest mistake - But then given his delays and failure to respond to my questions - I really think he was trying it on the whole way through.

Now I have paid $25 to return it to him in order to get a refund! And I am still waiting for the refund. (admittedly it is still in the post).

That is one thing I really don't get with ebay. You buy an item and you have to pay for it upfront - you have to trust them in order to get the item. But when the shit hits the fan and the item is wrong / dodgey etc... rather than them now having to return your funds and trust that you are returning it to them... you have to pay out yet more $$ and now doubley trust that they (who are more than likely scamming you) will receive your item and refund you what you are due!!!!! So you end up with a heap of money owing to you and not even an item to show for it!!! totally backwards in my opinion! :?

You better have sig confirmation. Their rules state that send backs have to have signature confirmation or no refund. HHW

Did he try this on you?

I got no response from him until after I filed a claim with Paypal, then I got a message from him asking me to send the cart back to him for a full refund but then he also said I should file a claim with both eBay and Paypal.

Edited by djpubba

Hi! I'm new in this forum, but I am very interested in the discussion. I have a Mangia game, but I am not secure that it is NTSC-US. Could you help me, please? In this link you will find the pictures of the cartridge. Thank you very much.

http://picasaweb.google.com/114667006654862711520/25032010#5452669966246361842

Hi Eureka,

This isn't the right thread to be discussing it on.

I suggest you start a new topic in the 2600 forum.

I can say that simply looking at the cart it is impossible to tell whether it is NTSC or PAL.

Start a new thread and I will post a comment there with some NTSC screen shots that you could compare it to.

Fingers crossed eh ;)

Hi Eureka,

This isn't the right thread to be discussing it on.

I suggest you start a new topic in the 2600 forum.

I can say that simply looking at the cart it is impossible to tell whether it is NTSC or PAL.

Start a new thread and I will post a comment there with some NTSC screen shots that you could compare it to.

Fingers crossed eh ;)

Thanks, for your hint. I'll start a new thread.

Yeah I had a problem with www.dascheap.com.

My story with them was that they go around boasting that they have the cheapest prices and their fake independent review site dasreviews tries to throw traffic their way. I was a victim but I got lucky because instead of giving my credit card to these unsavory chaps I used Paypal. Two weeks after my Retrogen didn't show up I disputed the charge with Paypal and got my money back.

I think they might me collecting bank card info from people for identity theft. Why else would they offer games at lower then anyone else prices then not send. Probably owned by the russian mob or something. When it's too good to be true, it usually is. Why would a company want you to buy from them that is magically selling items for cost with no potential for making profit? I'll tell you why, identities. That's what they want. Be wary

Yeah I had a problem with www.dascheap.com.

Domain name info :-

Registrant:

Das Cheap Domains

5190 Neil Road

Reno, Nevada 89502

United States

Domain Name: DASCHEAP.COM

Created on: 10-Sep-09

Expires on: 10-Sep-10

Last Updated on: 30-Nov-09

Administrative Contact:

Das Cheap LLC, Das Cheap

Das Cheap Domains

5190 Neil Road

Reno, Nevada 89502

United States

+1.7753331133 Fax --

Technical Contact:

Das Cheap LLC, Das Cheap

Das Cheap Domains

5190 Neil Road

Reno, Nevada 89502

United States

+1.7753331133 Fax --

# "Das Cheap, LLC" owns about 199 other domains.

# is a contact on the whois record of 740 domains

The site registration address doesn't match the one in their "contact us" on the site.