IGNORED

Atlantis II, deathtrappomegranate this is for you pal!

MeanGuns

post-3826-1147721304_thumb.jpgdeathtrappomegranate, this post is for you since you brought the topic back up again!

Atlantis 2, contestants and cartrige holders prove your items is real post your docs here!

Lets see em since all of you claim you have this cart.

There were only ten Atlantis II finalists just ten no more.

Atlantis High Score after 9 hrs of play 8.6 million pts...

Atlantis II High score 9488 pts.

As you may or may not know the Defend Atlantis Contest was never completed. Imagic never expected anyone to break over 900,000 pts on the original Atlantis Cart. So they decided to issue an Atlantis II cart to the top 10 people to break what they considered the turn over tie. After you reached 1 million pts. the counter started back at 000001 after the next million 000002 etc etc..

Ten Atlantis II carts were sent out across the USA and only the USA to break the 900000 or over point tie! This was a USA contest only!

The contest was never completed to my knoledge due to Activision aquiring the company in November of 1982 full takeover in 1983.

Activision did not honor Imagic's defend Atlantis contest so no one got the chance to compete against the other 9 finalists.

10 finalist in all! No grand prize was ever awarded to my knoledge and I never got to fly to bermuda and never had a chance at the 10,000...

I was never contacted again by the company after October of 1982.

sigh!

My Atlantis II cart now sits in a saftey deposit box at my local bank. In fact I'm going back there now to return the docs to the box!

If any of you were in this contest I would love to here from you!

I am a collecter of Atari 2600 games I collect for this system only! I sell off extras and other types of disks and carts I get from distributers, storage boxes" from storage centers", and sheriff sales.

I love my Atari 2600 and have an original heavy sixer made in California that is still in use today!

Later!

If there are only ten, then everyone can pretty much forget getting a hold of one.

I'm sure there are at least 4 or 5 of the "elite" collectors on this site that have one.

Mean Guns would make #6, and Bloated Monkey would be #7.

Perhaps they're all accounted for??

I honestly hope that there are more than 10... :sad:

I would tend to lean towards 10 being offically given to the hands of the limited pulbic, but if there is more, I think it would have been Imagic employees taking them home, Activision throwing them in the dumpster and someone fishing them out after the take over, And who is to say the didn't make at least 100 of them to make a ROM run worth while and then just stuck the rest in normal Atlantis boxes to not waste them :ponder:

But here's hoping there is only 10 as I like that idea much better.

but it's also good that the documents aren't shown in their entirety, because that would probably lead to the appearance of reproductions.

:ponder:

http://www.atariage.com/features/atlantis2.html

Note to self:

Try to remember that you know f-all about 2600 stuff. And don't make me keep saying it!

:dunce:

There were only ten Atlantis II finalists just ten no more.

Where does that info come from? The original contest rules were for 4 finalists, but since more than 4 people rolled the score over (making the photographic submissions useless for verification), the second stage/Atlantis II contest was devised to pare down the number of contestants. The letter that accompanied the Atlantis II cartridge doesn't say anything about 10 finalists. It implies that everyone who submitted an Atlantis score over 900,000 received an Atlantis II cartridge (and thus the 2-day chance to play to become a finalist). It seems to me rather unlikely that there were exactly 10 such submissions of Atlantis scores over 900,000. The letter then goes on to say that Atlantis II recipients have "A chance to fly to Bermuda! Where you'll battle against four other Atlantis experts for $10,000 in gold." Later, the same letter says "The four 'Defend Atlantis' finalists will be notified by phone on November 2, 1982." (Note the discrepency between these - the first mention gives a total of FIVE finalists; "you" the reader of the letter plus four others).

Atlantis High Score after 9 hrs of play 8.6 million pts...

Atlantis II High score 9488 pts.

As you may or may not know the Defend Atlantis Contest was never completed. Imagic never expected anyone to break over 900,000 pts on the original Atlantis Cart. So they decided to issue an Atlantis II cart to the top 10 people to break what they considered the turn over tie. After you reached 1 million pts. the counter started back at 000001 after the next million 000002 etc etc..

Ten Atlantis II carts were sent out across the USA and only the USA to break the 900000 or over point tie! This was a USA contest only!

The contest was never completed to my knoledge due to Activision aquiring the company in November of 1982 full takeover in 1983.

Activision did not honor Imagic's defend Atlantis contest so no one got the chance to compete against the other 9 finalists.

10 finalist in all! No grand prize was ever awarded to my knoledge and I never got to fly to bermuda and never had a chance at the 10,000...

I was never contacted again by the company after October of 1982.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, I just want to know where all of these little details came from - it doesn't seem likely that Imagic/Activision would admit to such a thing.

Edited by A.J. Franzman

I love shooter games I do play my Atari Jaguar and tempest 2000 I can play this game up to level 68 without loosing a guy! "then it thromps me". I never got past this level. This is another shooter that held my intrest for many years since I got in back in 1995.

On to the main focus!

The information on only 10 finalists can be found on the net. look for it!

type Digital Press - Atlantis II in any search engine.

The reason I know there were 10 finilists is because I was one of them. Imagic called my home to make sure I got the tie breaking cart. I only had 2 days to play then had to send in the pic of the screen. I asked how many people I was up againt being only 14 years old at the time, Kathleen, told me 10 you are facing the top ten opponents, me being one of those contestants there were not 11 but ten in all.

Out of 10 only 4 would get a score high enough to go on to the final round. the problem is there were a few elite player of this game that could turn it over and over and over like myself. I can play this game until I pass out " no kidding " my only limitation would be the need to sleep and go to the bathroom. I was so good I went to the bathroom and still had bonus lives to spare. I ate and played with one had to get the score I did.

You are correct only 4 would be chosen but they had to break the tie of the 10 best players in the USA! The tie must be broken using the Atlantis II cart. All numbers with loops were solid on Atlantis 2 meaning 0,4,6,8,9,0 were filled in and 1,2,3,5,7 were normal no matter what your score was it always had a filled in number on the screen so they could identify the 2 games from one another. Another diffrence was, 1,2,3,5,7 were skiny or thin.

Atlantis II was more of a challenge as each guy was not worth 100 or 1000 but they were worth only 1 point or 10 points. scoring 6000 is a feat! scoring 9000 is ungodly! The cart is relentless when you hit 8000 pts. The Atari 2600 can sure move these guys at an unbelievible speed you can bearly make out they are ships all I can see is a rainbow colored blur!

Atlantis II was a rushed cart ( A tie breaker for the top 10) Imagic never expected anyone to hit 900,000 they told me to stop at 900,000 after I told them I turned the cart over 8 times!

Anyone who can score Just 10, 000 on Atlantis II is simply " An Atlantis God"!!!!!!!

I have been tryiing to score 10,000 since 1982!

The final contest was never held to my knoledge. If it had been I do believe I would have been in it in November. I never heard anything more except the anouncement that Activision aquired the company and never honored the contest.

THE END!

forgive the spelling errors.

Ok One more thing the Atlantis II cart has been reproduced! yes it has I have seen reproductions of the cart on ebay from time to time. they are not real look for them they are on ebay from time to time!

Get the paperwork with the cart so you know you have the real deal! anyone can stick an eprom or burnt prom into an atlantis night cart!

I was offered an ungodly amount of money for this cart and the paperwork back in 1999 although I will sell almost anything this is one thing I just can't part with because simply, it reminds me of when times were simple, the good times if you will; when I had no responsibilities no girlfirend to drive me crazy and I was not disabled like I am now.

This is the one thing I worked very hard at and I really wanted to win. I put my heart and soul into playing this "what now seems to be rediculous game". I came out on top although, I did not get to compete againt the final contestants.

As far as Imagic/Activision admitting they did not honor the contest. They have no reason not to. Any company acuiring another does not have to honor any promotions of the aquired company. Activision did not honor it to my knoledge but I am sure it would be great press if they said they would do so now! I would be there in an instant!

Well that said, I better start practicing again! :)

sorry about any spelling errors.

but it's also good that the documents aren't shown in their entirety, because that would probably lead to the appearance of reproductions.

Note to self:

Try to remember that you know f-all about 2600 stuff. And don't make me keep saying it!

Just followed your link turns out I have some docs that Atari age does not have,

A new doc not on this site!

A tie breaker doc.

Atari Age either changed some things in the doc's being really smart so people do not reproduce them since there are some serious key issues with those docs that do not match mine. This would prove the reproductions are not real, or Imagic changed them.

I think I will stick with my original conclusuions.

:)

So did anyone ever get the snorkel set or t-shirt?

The funny thing is I did get the snorkel set it was cool but being 14 years old I used in in a public pool I used to go to. As far as the t-shirt they never sent me one! They juked "JUKED" me out of it!

I wan't my T-shirt!!!!!!!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

:sad:

Note to self:

Just followed your link turns out I have some docs that Atari age does not have,

A tie breaker doc.

Atari Age either changed some things in the doc's being really smart so people do not reproduce them since there are some serious key issues with those docs that do not match mine. This would prove the reproductions are not real, or Imagic changed them.

I would really like some of what you are smoking. :)

Oh wait. [JediMindTrick]"These are not the 8bit repro floppies you are looking for.". [/JediMindTrick]

Note to self:

A tie breaker doc.

I would really like some of what you are smoking. :)

Oh wait. [JediMindTrick]"These are not the 8bit repro floppies you are looking for.". [/JediMindTrick]

Ha Ha real funny!

I believe my cart is the real deal. So how many have been found so far?

Adam had 2 (sold 1?)

Bloated monkey had 2 (sold both?)

FND had 1 (sold)

Doug has 1

I have 1

The guy who posed the doc on Atari Age his is real he is also from PA but, he did get his from a friend of his.

plus mine will make 9 if they are all real!

one of the other real rare carts being reproduced now is video life it's on sunmarks website. for 129.00 last I looked. This is an exact reproduction of the original and would be really hard to tell it's not without cracking the case open and seeing the date stamp on the rom itself!

one of the other real rare carts being reproduced now is video life it's on sunmarks website. for 129.00 last I looked. This is an exact reproduction of the original and would be really hard to tell it's not without cracking the case open and seeing the date stamp on the rom itself!

Again, you don't know what you are talking about. First of all, the copy is a "one-off" and it is quite easy to figure out that it is a reproduction, it is marked as such on both the box and cart, it does not come with a manual. Second, Video Life was never produced with ROM's, they are all made with EPROM's. Third, the circuit board does not have CommaVid etched into it.

I guess if you are a complete moron, you may be able to believe that it is real, my guess is that you would have to be the drooling kind.

Again, you don't know what you are talking about. First of all, the copy is a "one-off" and it is quite easy to figure out that it is a reproduction, it is marked as such on both the box and cart, it does not come with a manual. Second, Video Life was never produced with ROM's, they are all made with EPROM's. Third, the circuit board does not have CommaVid etched into it.

I guess if you are a complete moron, you may be able to believe that it is real, my guess is that you would have to be the drooling kind.

I must be because you are the Jedi God, it's a good thing that I'm a Sith Lord than, it makes the fight more enjoyable when you beat your enemy! WTH are you talking about when was the last time you opened one of those $129 repo carts?

I must be because you are the Jedi God, it's a good thing that I'm a Sith Lord than, it makes the fight more enjoyable when you beat your enemy! WTH are you talking about when was the last time you opened one of those $129 repo carts?

I must have hit a nerve sorry, I did not know I was talking with the owner of the pirate site sunmark.

I believe my cart is the real deal. So how many have been found so far?

Adam had 2 (sold 1?)

Bloated monkey had 2 (sold both?)

FND had 1 (sold)

Doug has 1

I have 1

Bloated Monkey sold 1 on E-bay which I have. Wonder007 has one too i believe.

WTH are you talking about when was the last time you opened one of those $129 repo carts?

I made the box and label for the single copy for Sunmark and I marked it REPRODUCTION all over the place.

They made the PCB, I've seen it, it was for sale by itself for a loooong time. The case came from a Cosmic Swarm I killed. :roll:

You really need to check your facts before typing. Perhaps you should just stick to selling pirate 8bit software on eBay and stay away from pretending that you know anything about 2600 stuff.