IGNORED

Is there "Duck Shoot" rom in NTSC?

Nabuko78

OK I'm looking for this game in NTSC format : Duck Shoot, also known as "Kampf um die Schatzinsel" ("Fight for the Treasure Island") or simply "Treasure Island", but every binary I found over internet is PAL format only.

I altered the only existing rom and it seemed to be a nice NTSC mode, the screen doesn't rolls like when the screen mode is changed in stella but after game start it flicks and it's really annoying. So here I post the hacked rom so you can know what it looks like. Please I need help in finding a totally functional version of this game for NTSC.Fight_for_the_Treasure_Island.bin

Nabuko78,

The english title of this (Suntek) game is most probably Treasure Island and not Fight for the Treasure Island.

You don't want to create another ghost title, do you?

You are right: there's still no dump of the NTSC version available on the net.

I think CPUWIZ owns a NTSC version of this game on his 2600 Screen Search Console.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Yup, I agree with you Rom. No doubt the name of this game is Treasure Island, I just translated the german title from Quelle at google as "Figth for the Treasure Island".

When I saw for the 1st time this rom was Duck Shoot, and I though the game was about fight between wooden ducks with cannons :? but in fact are pirate ships.

Thanks, ROM! :cool:

OK, what you see here is the rom I previously attached in this post, I used Hack-O-Matic and randomly altered a data, when I opened the bin in Stella it appeared as NTSC mode without the common flicker.

It is in address 080a |XX_X____| 11010000 d0

I just added a dot right next to the third "X" and as result

080a |XX_XX___| 11011000 d8

post-9322-1147984351_thumb.png