IGNORED

Hack-O-Matic 3 with Pinning feature and comments!

SalemFrost7800

• 1 year later...

Over the last couple years I've been making small tweaks and fixes. Featurewise you can now go back in a search as well as the ability to search compare results. Also there was a bit of an annoying bug where the emulator paths couldn't have spaces. I haven't heard any reports of other issues so here is the latest I have on my machine.

HOM3.0.3.2.zip

-Jeff

• Like 1

Over the last couple years I've been making small tweaks and fixes. Featurewise you can now go back in a search as well as the ability to search compare results. Also there was a bit of an annoying bug where the emulator paths couldn't have spaces. I haven't heard any reports of other issues so here is the latest I have on my machine.

HOM3.0.3.2.zip

Thanks.

• 6 months later...

HOM3.0.3.2.zip

-Jeff

Hi Jeff, it's been awhile since I visited AA but I got to thinking about HOM3 the other day and I am glad to see your still improving the project. Keep up the good work.

HOM3.0.3.2.zip

-Jeff

Hi Jeff, it's been awhile since I visited AA but I got to thinking about HOM3 the other day and I am glad to see your still improving the project. Keep up the good work.

My pleasure. Still willing to fix bugs if they occur. Would be great if this topic was pinned. I think folks have trouble finding it unless you know to search.

-Jeff

• 6 years later...

I had some fun with Hack-O-Matic 3 tonight.

post-4709-0-79002300-1508307731.png

Yes, thanks to your cool program I got a good start at converting Fast Eddie into Bubsy 0. :D

post-4709-0-15582800-1508307865.png

True, nothing will beat the Tron hack to Fast Ediie, but hey, both a big Bubsy and Fast Eddie fan, so was fun to make happen.

I've been working with Wine on the Mac to run Hack-O-Matic. Initially I tried the latest version posted but that would just hang when loading a binary. So I started from the earliest revision (which worked) and then tried a few revisions after that. Not sure if any after it also work, just as far as I got before the rom hacking started. Was on this revision...

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/90916-hack-o-matic-3-with-pinning-feature-and-comments/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1137510

QUESTION:

Can someone please tell me how to assign colors to a pixel?

Thanks!

Bubsy A10.bin

Edited by doctorclu

I tried out various releases of Hack-O-Matic on my Intel Mac running 10.12.6 and under Wine.

The last working version is HOM 3.020. At HOM 3.030 and onward when loading a rom it hangs.

Still trying to figure out how to change color on the sprites.

• 4 weeks later...

So how did that Hack-O-Matic 3 project go? Well something like this...

post-4709-0-85994800-1510293203.png

And even worked on the 400/800 version of Fast Eddie ...

post-4709-0-41492400-1510293277.png

... and the 5200..

post-4709-0-15494700-1510321667.png

Though as a 32K file I had to use an earlier version of Hack-O-Matic as the later versions did not want to load it under Wine on the Mac.

As of January 29-30, 2018 also made a Vic-20 version:

Edited by doctorclu

• 4 weeks later...

Hack-O-Matic 3 Now with COLOR!!!!

attachicon.gifattachment

Jeff sent me this new version and it's Very cool, using this I was able to find and change Marios colors in Donkey kong in a matter of seconds, The colors start at address line 04b0 (when it's flipped) Marios color hex values are:

46 (Hat)

46 (Hat)

0e (Face)

0e (Face)

0e (Face)

0e (Face)

46 (Body)

46 (Body)

46 (Body)

46 (Body)

46 (Body)

46 (Body)

46 (Body)

A6 (Feet)

A6 (Feet)

Kewl... I've always wanted to see Mario with REAL flesh colors! I also wanted to see the top of his shirt under the overalls. Now he looks like this... very happy! :)

post-55762-0-11672000-1512615229.jpg

• 1 month later...

OLD CS1, question flew WAY above my head I'll admit, but hope you get an answer to it soon.

Here's another one that probably won't get answered for a while since this thread is actually quite old, I suspect people have moved on from Hack-O-Matic (which I found it amazingly versatile) and all but....

Is there a program like Hack-O-Matic for the Commodore 64? One where you can peek into a binary, determine character sprites and so forth?

• 1 year later...

OLD CS1, question flew WAY above my head I'll admit, but hope you get an answer to it soon.

Here's another one that probably won't get answered for a while since this thread is actually quite old, I suspect people have moved on from Hack-O-Matic (which I found it amazingly versatile) and all but....

Is there a program like Hack-O-Matic for the Commodore 64? One where you can peek into a binary, determine character sprites and so forth?

I'm searching too for a similar program that can handle c64 games, it seems Hack-O-Matic have a size limit (I'm getting a file too large message in most games I tried)

On the other hand c64 games seems to have sprites heavily compressed (for the most part) so there is not much I can edit anyway :(

I recently found about infiltrator disassembler https://www.c64brain.com/tools/infiltrator-disassembler/

a great tool that can extract and display all information from a game, including sprites.. unfortunately at the moment I can't comprehend if and how to edit them :?

I'm sure someone more experienced can find a use for it !

Edited by TIX

• 2 years later...