IGNORED

Hack wanted: Alien Swarm

horsie

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone was knowledgeable enough to change something in this game. The 'bug' is that the power units (displayed in-game with two digits) doesn't go above 99, it simply rolls over to 00. Which means if you've topped out at 99 and die, your five bonus units (for the previous 10,000 points) will put you over to 04 at which point you'll lose five for dying, thus end up on zero and Game Over. (Likewise if you happen to be on 95-98.)

I'm hoping it's a simple hack. Although it seems strange your power figure can't go over 99 DURING play but can due to bonuses. So perhaps the game is checking for this during play only. In which case it may take two changes to fix: the rollover check and the datatype used to represent your power units. Just fixing the rollover check would be start, as it wouldn't leave you in mortal danger stuck on 99.

I have other ideas for possible hacks, for example to speed up play (bonuses - i.e. excess power units - take too long to 'countdown' and be added to your score).

Btw, here's a screenshot of the game:

http://ekranownia.atari8.info/grafika/ekra...ien_swarm_1.png

Thanks for your interest!

Edited by horsie

Fixed.

F.

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately there's so much wrong with this version it no longer contains much of the original game. Did you hack this yourself? Perhaps the original was screwed up to begin with? My working version is 6,497 bytes long whereas yours is 5,766 bytes.

Incidentally, I'm using Atari800Win Plus 3.0.

Fixed.

F.

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately there's so much wrong with this version it no longer contains much of the original game. Did you hack this yourself? Perhaps the original was screwed up to begin with? My working version is 6,497 bytes long whereas yours is 5,766 bytes.

Incidentally, I'm using Atari800Win Plus 3.0.

Send me your version and I'll fix it.

F.

Send me your version and I'll fix it.

F.

Here it is. Thanks a lot if you can do this.

Also, can you make the score display in the millions?

Here's fixed file.

BTW, your version is nothing more than cracked disk which can be found on Atarimania.

Score in millions can be done. Everything is possible. But it would take a much more time and effort than this simple fix...

F.

Alien_Swarm.zip