IGNORED

PC to TI99/4A interface?

AussieAtari

Awesome, thanks.... Is there a size limitation on dsk files? I mean wouldn't it just be ridiculously great to have 1 HUGE disk?

I think 1600 sectors is the biggest. There's still a little room on that image, but not much. I'm going to work on seeing if I can pack more modules onto some 'mega' disks for the CF7 :)

Awesome, thanks.... Is there a size limitation on dsk files? I mean wouldn't it just be ridiculously great to have 1 HUGE disk?

I think 1600 sectors is the biggest. There's still a little room on that image, but not much. I'm going to work on seeing if I can pack more modules onto some 'mega' disks for the CF7 :)

Bless you kind sir!

Tempest

Ditto. I'm hopefully going to get to testing out my CF7+ this weekend if I can get some serious time.

-H

Bless you kind sir!

Tempest

A whole mess of Infocom for TI99 CF users :)

First archive requires Extended Basic (autoboot) and contains the following:

Ballyhoo / Cutthroats / Deadline / Enchanter / Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy / Hollywood / Infidel / Lurking Horror / Planetfall / Plundered Hearts / Seastalker / Sorcerer / Spellbreaker / Starcross / Stationfall / Suspect / Witness / Zork I,II,III

Second archive requires a Supercart and contains:

Leather Goddesses of Phobos, Moonmist

All games run in 40 columns, unless you have a Geneve. :P

Infocom CF7.zip

Infocom CF7 - Supercart required.zip

• Like 1

Supercart?

Tempest

http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/supercart/supercart.html

My tips:

Don't try a chip seat for the 8K device - the case isnt big enough.

Skip the battery if you don't need the device to keep its contents when the console is turned off.

Use a newer case without the dust guard - it catches on the solder joints.

Enjoy.

Too hard for me to do (not to mention I don't have the tools). Does anyone sell these for a reasonable price? What programs require it?

Tempest

I can build one for you if you're interested (I've already built one for myself).

Sure. I'd be very interested.

Do many games require it? I'm still not 100% what it actually does other than add 8K and a battery backup.

Tempest

I'm still not 100% what it actually does other than add 8K and a battery backup.

As I understand it, it's primarily for developing/testing cartridge-based software. It has the Editor/Assembler GROM in it, and it also adds an 8K battery-backed SRAM so you can copy your programs into the cartridge for testing. There is sample code on the page linked above, along with utilities for copying software into the SRAM. You can also modify existing software to run from the SRAM, such as the games mentioned earlier.

I'm still not 100% what it actually does other than add 8K and a battery backup.

As I understand it, it's primarily for developing/testing cartridge-based software. It has the Editor/Assembler GROM in it, and it also adds an 8K battery-backed SRAM so you can copy your programs into the cartridge for testing. There is sample code on the page linked above, along with utilities for copying software into the SRAM. You can also modify existing software to run from the SRAM, such as the games mentioned earlier.

So basically it's a super Mini-Memory?

Tempest

So basically it's a super Mini-Memory?

Tempest

I would definitely be interested in buying a Supercart also... :-)

Ok, here's a shot at a second large image collection (requires E/A cart). This one is a bit more self service, no nice menu so read the .txt file. ;)

Adventure

A-Maze-ing

Anteater

Blackjack and Poker

Blasto

Car Wars

Chisholm Trail

Clowns

Computer War

Congo Bongo

Crossfire

Football

Hustle

Jawbreaker

Microsurgeon

Munch Man

Othello

Popeye

Q*bert

Princess and Frog

Rotor Raiders

Sneggit

Soccer

Star Trek S O S

Super Demon Attack

Tennis

The Attack

Treasure Island

EA5GAMES2 CF7.zip

Edited: Scrabble removed, Q*bert and Tennis added

• Like 1

By rough calculations - 32MB = 16MB. That disk is roughly 400k. So 40.

So you could probably get most of the TI library onto a 32MB card? That is unless some of the bigger disk games (like Legends I/II) take up more space.

Tempest

Dunno - bit IIRC legends was 2 or 3 disks - at 92k each. So, really, you could probably do pretty well.

-H

By rough calculations - 32MB = 16MB. That disk is roughly 400k. So 40.

So you could probably get most of the TI library onto a 32MB card? That is unless some of the bigger disk games (like Legends I/II) take up more space.

Tempest

My only beef with the CF7+ is that some disk collections have nice little menus while others require you to have a list of file names handy and type them in. I know this isn't the fault of the CF7+ but rather of the TI disk system itself (E/A has no autoload IIRC), but it sure makes things far less convenient. I wish there was a menu system of some sort like the multicarts have.

Tempest

Yeah. E/5 option can (usually) be loaded by XB in some way. E/A 3 though requires knowing the name. I agree - a self-contained management system for the CF7+ where you could easily find the disk you want, swap it, and then run what you want quickly would be awesome.

Somehow, I expect it to wind up that I have to keep my laptop opened at all times.

-H

My only beef with the CF7+ is that some disk collections have nice little menus while others require you to have a list of file names handy and type them in. I know this isn't the fault of the CF7+ but rather of the TI disk system itself (E/A has no autoload IIRC), but it sure makes things far less convenient. I wish there was a menu system of some sort like the multicarts have.

Tempest

So now that I have my CF7+ is there any reason to keep my PEB out other than as a place to stick my monitor? Is there anything that requires a physical disk drive that the CF7+ won't play?

Well it does make an awesome monitor stand. :) Disk wise, I don't know of anything that wouldn't run from CF7.

And the moment no one has been waiting for... an Educational Compilation :P

Requires an E/A cart and is also a bit more self service, no nice menu so read the .txt file.

Addition and Subtraction 1

Alien Addition

Alligator Mix

Beginning Grammar

Demolition Division

Demonstration

Dragon Mix

Early Learning Fun

Equations

Meteor Multiplication

Minus Mission

Music Maker

Number Magic

Percents

Personal Real Estate

Physical Fitness

Picture Parts

Story Machine

The Great Word Race

Touch Typing Tutor

Video Graphs

EDUGAMES CF7.zip

Also EA5GAMES2 has been updated.

• Like 1

I suppose the only reason to keep my PEB around is for if I ever get my hands on a Geneve. Someday...

What makes some games require XB and some require E/A? Is there a way to convert the E/A games to run under XB or put a nice menu together for the E/A games?

Tempest