IGNORED

Strange graphic w/ Hangman

Deteacher

Ok, here are 4 screenshots (all done on a projection screen):

Pic #1: Hangman. You can see the stray pixel is pretty close to the center.

Pic #2: Outlaw. The stray pixel is definitely not in the center. Much closer to the bottom (The cactus is in the way, I suppose.) :roll:

Pic #3: Surround. On the advice of Batari, I popped this in. I'm glad I did! Using a piece of tape to mark the screen where the stray Hangman pixel was, the one appearing in this Surround screen is exactly one spot down from it.

Pic #4: Surround. I had a second Surround cart and tried it as well. Same pixel in the same place as Pic #3.

The stray pixel stays on the screen as I cycle through the different game variations of Surround (it disappears when I toggle select or reset on Hangman and Outlaw.) As soon as I press reset, the stray block goes away and the game plays normally with all 3 games. Fortunately for me, this seems to be more of an annoyance instead of a serious problem. I know this problem will eventually get worse, though.

So, I will replace the RIOT chip (as soon as I can dig my spare Atari out of the shed.) I'll keep you all posted. Hopefully this thread will help others who have similar problems in the future! Thanks again to all for their help and suggestions! I've said it before and I'll say it again...THIS PLACE ROCKS! :lust:

post-9712-1164039350_thumb.jpg

post-9712-1164039381_thumb.jpg

post-9712-1164039412_thumb.jpg

post-9712-1164039461_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deteacher