IGNORED

Anyone here got the Wolfenstein Atari game

PressureCooker2600

Most of the time I don't pay attention to homebrews but this one looks really good. Good plot...based on another good game. The gameplay style sounds fun too. I was thinking of getting it. Any reviews on it? Anyone have any thoughts on it? Does it come with a box or just the game and instructions?

Hi,

I am one of the authors of that hack. There are really two versions of the game. The original Wolfenstein is available from Packrat Video Games at www.packratvg.com. That version is 4K in size and can be had in a box. The 4K version is the one that won the Stan Award 2004 for the best Hack of the year. The version sold by Atari Age is Wolfenstein - The next Mission. It is an 8K game. The extra 4K are used to animate the enemies, add some more rooms and more colors to the game. It is not available in a box.

You can download the ROMs for both games and try them on an emulator before you buy.

Original ROM is at: http://www.atariage.com/features/Stan2004/hack.html

Next Mission ROM: I have attached the ROM.

There are also a couple reviews written for Wolfenstein - The next mission in the Atari Age store entry for the game.

Both versions include a manual. The manual for "The Next Mission", however, has some additional awesome pictures drawn by Dave Dries. The artist that did the label art for both versions. The new manual is missing the information about the difficulty switches. You can chose 4 difficulty levels with the switches. Both to A gives the hardest game, and both to B gives the easiest.

Cheers!

WolfTNM.bin

Edited by Robert M
  • Thanks 1