IGNORED

Which FB2 Rev do I have ?

Hi folks, I have just bought FB2. I opened the case and I took picture of the board.

Which Rev board do I have?

What are the differences betweent the revisions?

Also, is it easier to mod it by buying parts from 3rd party store or by canibalizing my 2600 junior?

Thanks in advance!

post-6807-1162785943_thumb.jpg

Edited by atwwong

Hi folks, I have just bought FB2. I opened the case and I took picture of the board.

Also, is it easier to mod it by buying parts from 3rd party store or by canibalizing my 2600 junior?

Thanks in advance!

You have a Rev C board.

Rev B and C have no difference between them other than the board layout.

Rev A is missing the voice on Quadrun.

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks,

Thought I'd try my hand at a cart mod on my FB2 but want to be sure of the revision before I dig in

So my question is what revision is this board? For what its worth, there is voice in Quadrun.

And while I'm at it...does anyone have a good doctored photo of what connection goes where?

Thanks much!

Matt

post-12090-1168032284_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forums!

Looking at the picture in this post, it appears that you have a RevC board. Kokovec or Curt can correct me if I'm wrong. There are links to how to do the mod in the FB2 Instructions, Mod Links, FAQ, & FB2 Portable thread. I haven't seen pictures of a RevC mod, but the connections are indicated in the links for the RevA and RevB mods. RevC would be the same; the locations are different, but they are labelled.

Cheers,

Tony

Edited by atwwong

Thanks in advance!

In terms of modding, the cart port mod procedure will be the same between the "B" and "C" boards, but some of the locations have changed.

If you have a spare 2600 lying around, your best bet may be to remove the cart port from it. When I last spoke with Brad @ Best Electronics, he was running very low on the cart port assemblies and was only allowing 1 per person. That was 6 months ago.

Some people have reported success with using an old PC floppy cables (the ones with the edge card connectors) but I have not tried that.

Edited by mstulir