IGNORED

XL/XE compatible Atari 800?

Tempest

april is fine, i don't expect to have it fired up and usable until march, so april is not so far

i'm expecting 2 boards revisions as i haven't had a single case of me doing a board and making no mistakes ;) even if design was verified by another engineer ;)

i'll get some quotes from pcb manufacturers and report back

i'll limit betatesters to 10, and can promise that if 3rd rev of the board will be needed (production version), they will be given it

i've got some quotes from pcb house and semiconductors companies, and i can assume that 10 blank pcb's will be 1200pln (gold-plated, electrically tested) parts should be another 1000pln

that for 10pcs

250pln (78usd) per assembled prototype seems to be realistics - remember that this price is prototype only, and excludes any labour cost whatever - just for people wanting to participate in this venture

board cost is linear, so if doing less than 10, price will drop lineary, same with parts - no MOQ for any price breaks, since i'll be reusing my stock from ultimate boards

i would apreciate if someone could make me a photo of cpu board (pal version) as my tv doesn't support ntsc - i would replace antic and gtia chip and add whats nessesary to the board

it seems to be universal

another reuqest - if any of you have cased version of personality board - i would apreciate some pictures of how its assembled and some dimensions - it would be nice to have case for it as an option, even if that would be just 3d print from shapeways, or similiar service

i've got some quotes from pcb house and semiconductors companies, and i can assume that 10 blank pcb's will be 1200pln (gold-plated, electrically tested) parts should be another 1000pln

that for 10pcs

250pln (78usd) per assembled prototype seems to be realistics - remember that this price is prototype only, and excludes any labour cost whatever - just for people wanting to participate in this venture

board cost is linear, so if doing less than 10, price will drop lineary, same with parts - no MOQ for any price breaks, since i'll be reusing my stock from ultimate boards

What is the part number of the CPLD that needs flashing? Need to see if the wilem programmer will do it ;)

Jay

The personality board is housed in a case identical to the RAM boards,

two parts plastic shell with detachable metal plate. there is a sticker on the top so I'm not going to split mine.

Hi res versions at http://mimo.picturepush.com/album/191184/p-pal-800.html#

Edited by mimo

Hello Kitty!

Sorry Mike, couldn't help myself ;)

Thanks for the pictures ;)

Cold You print out this without any scalling put on piece of cardboard and see how it fits?

i know there is no mounting holes right now, but they won't fit anyways ;)

also - it would be nice if you could do some more photos of the case at various angles, if you could measure depths both sides it would be even better

Sebastian

I thought you might like the backdrop ;-) it was my youngest daughters birthday on Tuesday and that is my excuse.

sorry I don't own a printer so can't do that for you. If my memory serves me well I think I have a spare ram case in the garage, maybe I could send it to you?

fast?

i'm quite slow compared to others, besides, this is only 2 layer board with components on top side

for work i do 4-8 layers with BGA components with 0.4-0.5mm pitch (so called HDI), but these are rare because of technology cost, usually 6 layers with 0.8mm pitch BGA you can route without HDI

little update.. i'll call it a day

incognito-routing2.jpg

You have probably already compensated for this, but it is important to remember that the Atari PBI pinout is reversed from the industry standard. I mention this because the numbering shown on the PBI header is industry standard.