IGNORED

XL/XE compatible Atari 800?

Tempest

incognito-partly-assembled.jpg

this is all i could do today

in the evening, i'll order remaining parts for all units, and if mr mailman allows, i'll have them ready till friday

They are not done yet? :'D

I still have my original 800, was my first 800, and i couldnt part with it... also have two more 'life support' of it...

sloopy.

Heh... you can rationalize anything if you work on it enough. :) I've managed to rationalize having six or seven CRT monitors!

I thought you were using only LCD monitors, based on the recent threads. I'm surprised to know you have many CRTs.

Back on topic -- I'll have to wait a bit on the 800, as I have a (hopefully nice) third 1200XL coming my way. It would go badly for me if I buy another A8 too soon. :)

I thought you were using only LCD monitors, based on the recent threads. I'm surprised to know you have many CRTs.

Yeah - I was really into LCDs for a long while, but once I started picking up CRTs it got out of control. :D It's part of my paranoia about things breaking down in a world without spare parts. I have enough monitors now, though!

Edited by flashjazzcat

Yeah - I was really into LCDs for a long while, but once I started picking up CRTs it got out of control. :D It's part of my paranoia about things breaking down in a world without spare parts. I have enough monitors now, though!

I've been piling CRTs in the closets for a while now, too. For the old game systems and the old computers, I just don't think it looks better, and sometimes it just doesn't scale "correctly" and looks weird to me. There will be a time in the future when CRTs will really be hard ($$$/£££) to come by, the rate at which they're being junked today. People at apartment buildings are just abandoning them when they leave. I've seen some nice ones sitting outside.

in the evening, i'll order remaining parts for all units, and if mr mailman allows, i'll have them ready till friday

SICK (!!!)

Mouth-watering, to say the least...

I do hope, however, we do not end up with a cabling-spaghetti or "ghettoing" the machine, though... I don't really mind the installation process, as long as it can end-up relatively clean and well engineered.

Looking forward to the MOTHER of all upgrades,

F.H.

I like the name ALTari (Alternate Atari) for a new retro Atari with updated OS!! :)

My USB Programmer arrived today so, I am good to go, I think. the connector on the incognito pcb looks like I have one that will fit it correctly. Not sure if they are normally wired the same or not?

Best regards

Robert

Yeah...

I'm going to need eight of those...

Thats it?

;'D

sloopy.