IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Not a good sign with how the insides are pushed back, etc. These things are 25+ years old. Have you contacted the seller? I hope the posted auction pic wasn't like that (case open, etc), and you got it very cheap. They might correct this.

No I haven't contacted the seller. No the pics in the auction were not like this. It was smashed while shipping. I can't believe the seller would think nothing would happen to it while shipping.

Allan

Arrgghh ... the 810 is sturdy ... but not THAT sturdy. I had a 1050 shipped that way also, and yes it did break. Fortunately it still works (to this day!)so who knows, maybe you can take the housing apart and put it back together ... but of course you shouldn't have to! Not sure what people are thinking. :mad:

Arrgghh ... the 810 is sturdy ... but not THAT sturdy. I had a 1050 shipped that way also, and yes it did break. Fortunately it still works (to this day!)so who knows, maybe you can take the housing apart and put it back together ... but of course you shouldn't have to! Not sure what people are thinking. :mad:

Yea, I did that tonight. It looks better. Two of the screw towers broke inside. I'm going to try to super glue them at some point. If I have time tomorrow I will try the drive and see if it works.

Allan

Unless they refund the cost plus shipping both ways it isn't worth my time and money.

Allan

Yeah, agreed. The 810 is heavy.

I hope the drive works. It's extremely well built inside and out so you have a fighting chance. Keep us posted.

Well I tried my 810 drive (with the right power supply) and it started smoking. I contacted the seller and sent him pictures. He refunded all my money and let me keep the drive. It was nice to have a somewhat happy ending. I never realized how big the 810s are. I got it cheap and was curious about them since I never had one. I don't think I'll bother trying to get another. They just take up to much room. I do need to get an 800 though. That's going to be hard since they are going for so much now.

Allan

This is what I found in my post today. This absolutely beautifull, truly mint condition piece of hardware was purchased from another AA member beamer320i. Luckily I was not sleeping that night when this was listed on ebay UK. At that moment I knew I had to act fast. This machine has some nice mods done already including S-video, Sio-port voltage mod and Atarimax 32 in 1 OS. Additionaly, it was carefully retrobrighted. I felt like I was holding a new computer in my hands. I guess I do have a new main machine. Thanks Dom, you made my day!:-)

http://jk40001.rajce.idnes.cz/nastenka/#1200xl_1.jpg

• Like 1

Well, I got Foft's stereo 65XE, and awaiting the delivery of a 600XL and of the 64k extension for the 600XL.

Still hunting PAL 400 and 800

When I find these, I'll only miss a 1200XL.

The 1200xl is a nice computer, very sleek looking. I was lucky enough to get one in the box recently and it didn't cost me an arm or even a leg. Maybe a few fingers though ...

Anyway, good luck on your quest!

• Like 1

Did a nice catch last week, it's all out of an old US Army inventory here in Germany.

The 800 ist NTSC and M.U.L.E. sounds much better than on PAL one, The 400 is PAL (with 48k upgrade). Not in excellent condition, but both fully working.

The 410 is early version (with handle) and the Tigervision cartridges "Springer" and "Matterhorn" are not so common I guess...

post-20150-0-06647800-1352500199_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tigerduck
  • Like 1

post-16281-0-69479700-1352873846_thumb.jpg

A bit pricy. But it's REALLY HARD to find a **NICE** Atari 800 box, or boxed Atari 800 - where the box isn't crap. Lots of people ripped the glued ends open, and then they're cheap cereal-box cardboard, as you know. This one only has a couple small tears in the corners. This is the best I've seen, is excellent "in person," and I got the guy to put it in another box. One day, there will be a nice display of boxed A8 hardware on top of my bookshelf in my computer room! Boxed 800s go for hundred(s) now, HUGE if the box is nice, and it's a turkey-shoot whether it will be torn up in transit.

post-16281-0-13947900-1352873857_thumb.jpg

I just wanted to try this. I've never had C, but C++ is so similar, I'll work a little backward one day and try this. The only printf I've ever done is a few x86 function calls on the retard-level in beginner's class.

post-16281-0-01419400-1352873869_thumb.jpg

This is a rare import from England. Expensive, YOU BET. But go to Amazon or Amazon.uk and see the RIDICULOUS prices this book is listed for, if it ever is. Groovybee suggested it - and some others - to someone else. I've been snapping them up when I find them; I can't remember what they were but I think I have 'em now. If only more time!. I'm in no danger of using it soon, but wanted it. The only Assembler I've had is an introductory course in x86 under Linux. I guess I'll have to work backward, again. So few registers and such small numbers! Where to store values????

post-16281-0-32070400-1352873877_thumb.jpg

Almost completing the Abacus ST book series! They look dandy all together on my bookshelf!

Edited by wood_jl