IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

I got this "as is, untested" on a $25.00 "buy it now".. It's a turbo XT (9.54mhz) with built in dual 720k floppys in the side.. The photo on the upper left is the actual machine Im buying.. the rest are just pics from the web that show it better..

post-8775-128599761743_thumb.jpg

If it works, I may consider using it for a while just for the "freak out" factor..

If it doesnt work and cant be fixed cheaply, Im gonna gut it, replace the mono LCD with a color backlit one, replace the keyboard with a 1200XL one, and stick a 600XL motherboard (with HIAS 512k upgrade), CSS blackbox/floppyboard and probably a SCSI hardisk or solid state drive in it...

You mean, to turn that into a sexy beautiful Atari laptop mark 3 (after beetles and benhecks versions)

Where you going to stick the cart port

I got this "as is, untested" on a $25.00 "buy it now".. It's a turbo XT (9.54mhz) with built in dual 720k floppys in the side.. The photo on the upper left is the actual machine Im buying.. the rest are just pics from the web that show it better..

post-8775-128599761743_thumb.jpg

If it works, I may consider using it for a while just for the "freak out" factor..

If it doesnt work and cant be fixed cheaply, Im gonna gut it, replace the mono LCD with a color backlit one, replace the keyboard with a 1200XL one, and stick a 600XL motherboard (with HIAS 512k upgrade), CSS blackbox/floppyboard and probably a SCSI hardisk or solid state drive in it...

How will battery power be handled?

How will battery power be handled?

Im sure I'll end up building a custom power management board for it. Cant really make any decisions like battery selection, etc. till I get the thing and see what kind of room Ive got to work with.

You mean, to turn that into a sexy beautiful Atari laptop mark 3 (after beetles and benhecks versions)

I don't know how "sexy beautiful" its gonna be.. probably more of a monstrosity.. But it will be kewl..

Where you going to stick the cart port

Wherever it's convenent..

Edited by MEtalGuy66

damn i really need to get off my lazy arse and put my ATR-8000 up on feepay...

but then i would probly get .99 for it :'(

I'll give you $2.99 for it and I'll send Stephen to pick it up for me ;-)

Edited by orpheuswaking

just picked up a math encounter, another cart i ferget the name of, an XL for parts, main blades and main gear for a e sky honey bee king 2, along with a blade balancer, plus some tail blades...

sloopy.

a big heavy box...

post-11281-128638369581_thumb.jpg

More on the Synapse Promotional Package in another thread!

Dang, how do I miss the good ones LOL...

Couple of nice things there!

I admit, I got pretty lucky on that one. The auction was well photographed but very poorly described. I just happened to click on it and notice the Quasimodo... Even with that, I expected the selling price to be much higher.

I got an Atari Education Master Cartridge for $25 (the Dorsett version, not the original Atari one), and I've already got two sets of tapes. What a cool idea, text on the screen while it reads off the tape, too bad the tapes are degrading. But I'm NOT going for whatever nut that is trying to sell more tapes WITHOUT the cartridge for $499.

Atari 600XL, Atari 1010 tape drive & Centipede game. This is the start of something very bad! ;)

Bad is a word that can also mean good like "You're bad!" So I guess you meant it in that way.

It was good for me or fun to play with Atari games again, but cassette is a bit too slow for me. It has to be cartridge-based games or some warp speed loading.

a big heavy box...

post-11281-128638369581_thumb.jpg

More on the Synapse Promotional Package in another thread!

Dang, how do I miss the good ones LOL...

Couple of nice things there!

I admit, I got pretty lucky on that one. The auction was well photographed but very poorly described. I just happened to click on it and notice the Quasimodo... Even with that, I expected the selling price to be much higher.

I have two of those Atari Word Processors with the ring binder. Everyone keeps wanting to buy one off me but I've had them for so long I'll never get rid of them.

I got an Atari Education Master Cartridge for $25 (the Dorsett version, not the original Atari one), and I've already got two sets of tapes. What a cool idea, text on the screen while it reads off the tape, too bad the tapes are degrading. But I'm NOT going for whatever nut that is trying to sell more tapes WITHOUT the cartridge for $499.

I got the master cartridge, too, and boxed! It's in the small, green 2600 cart sized box, not the larger format boxes that Atari sometimes used.

I got the master cartridge, too, and boxed! It's in the small, green 2600 cart sized box, not the larger format boxes that Atari sometimes used.

Aw man, this one was loose. I still like the concept, it has me tempted to dub and rerecord the tapes to see if more of the text and graphics will appear correctly.

Atari 600XL, Atari 1010 tape drive & Centipede game. This is the start of something very bad! ;)

Bad is a word that can also mean good like "You're bad!" So I guess you meant it in that way.

It was good for me or fun to play with Atari games again, but cassette is a bit too slow for me. It has to be cartridge-based games or some warp speed loading.

Your exactly right, I meant bad in a Very Good way! :) I can't believe how touching/hearing something can make you feel young again! I forgot how much I loved this computer...

Suspended grey box.

post-11281-128679985191_thumb.jpg

Sad really, this acquisition completes my Infocom collection - both Folios and Grey Boxes.

post-11281-1286800232_thumb.jpg

Not sad at all, I would love to have that collection, but the Atari 8bit versions are going for stupid money right now and I could never afford to put together a complete collection...

I see you have them across many formats, do you have any complete series for a specific machine? or you just have one of each title no matter what machine it came out on?

Suspended grey box.

Sad really, this acquisition completes my Infocom collection - both Folios and Grey Boxes.

Just so you know, Commodore released some of the Infocom games in their own Commodore labeled boxes (more like folders than boxes) for the C64 so your collection isn't complete yet if you're doing a cross platform set. :D

Zork1.jpg

Edited by OldAtarian

Suspended grey box.

Not sad at all, I would love to have that collection, but the Atari 8bit versions are going for stupid money right now and I could never afford to put together a complete collection...

I see you have them across many formats, do you have any complete series for a specific machine? or you just have one of each title no matter what machine it came out on?

Get a TI99. It's one of the few systems you can still get Infocom games for cheap.