IGNORED

All eBayers: Beware raregamergirl

Galcian

Fellow forum members, especially those of you who frequent eBay for gaming merchandise, be on guard for a power-seller with the ID "raregamergirl". Do not, under any circumstances, no matter how enticing, purchase anything from this seller. She's an obvious scam artist with a rap sheet longer than Al Capone's, but her feedback scores are extremely padded to make her look innocent.

Here's the overwhelmingly huge list of neutral/negative feedback she's received in the past year.

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=raregamergirl

You can see that there's some kind of dispute happening with this seller several times a day, and she always gives the same story. She'll take your money, never send your items, claim that the post office lost them or that they claim the package was already delivered (without showing proof by giving you a tracking number, receipt number, or anything else to prove that she sent anything), stall you until the PayPal dispute period has expired by promising to send you a replacement, and then she'll leave you negative feedback and say that you're a delinquent buyer who tried to rip her off.

This seller does a LOT of business involving vintage games, and it's likely quite a few people on this forum have run into her or will run into her in the near future, so if I can save anyone from this nightmare, I wont feel too bad about getting ripped off myself.

Fellow forum members, especially those of you who frequent eBay for gaming merchandise, be on guard for a power-seller with the ID "raregamergirl". Do not, under any circumstances, no matter how enticing, purchase anything from this seller. She's an obvious scam artist with a rap sheet longer than Al Capone's, but her feedback scores are extremely padded to make her look innocent.

Here's the overwhelmingly huge list of neutral/negative feedback she's received in the past year.

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=raregamergirl

You can see that there's some kind of dispute happening with this seller several times a day, and she always gives the same story. She'll take your money, never send your items, claim that the post office lost them or that they claim the package was already delivered (without showing proof by giving you a tracking number, receipt number, or anything else to prove that she sent anything), stall you until the PayPal dispute period has expired by promising to send you a replacement, and then she'll leave you negative feedback and say that you're a delinquent buyer who tried to rip her off.

This seller does a LOT of business involving vintage games, and it's likely quite a few people on this forum have run into her or will run into her in the near future, so if I can save anyone from this nightmare, I wont feel too bad about getting ripped off myself.

I was going to buy 5 Dreamcast games from her at $4 each for four of them and $6 for the fifth one, total of $22. She listed shipping charges as $5 on each game so I sent a Question to her asking if she would combine shipping since $25 to ship 5 DC games was a little high. She responded in a snotty reply that "You are already getting a bargain on these games; why do you want a bargain on shipping also? The answer is: NO combined shipping!!"

Needless to say I didn't buy from her and put her on my "Ignore Seller" list.

Mendon

Funny thing about this is I have that seller on my fav list. I am not sure why I cant remember if I got anything form them. That is some sucky neg feedback and I would never buy form them now.

Think about this I have a few friends that worked at gamestop in the past and around 20 times a day a customer will come in with a return on games or systems and the customer is all pissed that the game does not work, yet people still flock in there everyday sort of like big ebay sellers with all this negative feedback they just dont care.

I think what happens is people see something they like and just pop in a bid without checking the reputation or reading the fine print. Someone might look at her auctions, think "98.6% positive? That's pretty good!" without doing the math and realizing that with more than 11,000 auctions, she has well over a 150 negatives. Ouch!

After winning 5 different CDs with $5 shipping for each, a joker refused to combine shipping, and I was tempted to have him send each CD to a different relative of mine so he would have to pay for all the shipping. I didn't, cuz I was afraid the CD's would be damaged, "lost", etc. As it turns out, he didn't even send the CDs in cases, although they still played OK. Not wanting to have retribution negative feedback left, I never left any negative feedback for him - the wonders of the eBay feedback system. Sigh.

I've dealt with RGG before (bought and sold, on and off Ebay) and I've never had any problems. Just my two-cents.

Pseudonymr, I know you're just giving your two cents, but let me tell you something, just to clear this up. raregamergirl has gotten in, on average, 3 disputes over undelivered/damaged/not as described merchandise EVERY DAY since June of 2005, not counting some ungodly number of feedbacks that were removed mutually (which aren't even counted after 6 months), disputes that were never reported out of fear of retaliatory feedback (one of her favorite pastimes). That's roughly 1095 out of about 12,000 auctions. A fairly signifigant portion, if you ask me.

Not wanting to have retribution negative feedback left, I never left any negative feedback for him - the wonders of the eBay feedback system. Sigh.

The feedback system does need some adjusting, but try this: Make another ebay account and only use that one for buying. If you are not happy with a transaction, leave negative feedback and do not withdraw it later. The seller might return the favor, but that doesn't matter because feedback for a buyer is not relevant. It's only important for sellers. Use your other account only for selling.

or

If you want to leave a negative but are afraid of a retaliatory feedback, leave some neutral sounding positive first. Wait until you get your positive, then leave a negative follow-up comment to your original feedback. It won't count as negative, but at least you can warn other buyers/sellers

My second ebay transaction was with someone who had 98 percent positive feedback. I bid first and read the feedback later. After a careful read, I expected problems, and I got them. The item shipped late and was sent via parcel post. I had assumed it would come by Priority Mail, but I don't remember if it was in the auction or not (I've slept since then).

The deal was bittersweet. I had a bit of difficulty getting it shipped, and it took forever to arrive.

The sweet part, though, was that I purchased a lot for less than half of what it should have gone for (due to the poor feedback), and it really was in close to mint condition when I got it. The system looked like it had never been played, save for some scratches/dents on the non working joysticks.

It was listed as "great condition", though, not mint, so the scratches were not a problem. I fixed the joysticks myself instead of trying to get replacements/money back, but then, I normally fix non working classic game items and to heck with the warranty.

I left positive feedback due to the condition the 20 plus games and the system itself were in. I did leave a comment about the snail-pace shipping, though, and the lack of communication. I had to call this seller more than half a dozen times before the item finally arrived.

Yes, I'm happy with the deal I got.

No, I will not buy from them again.

BTW, it was not the seller mentioned above.

My point being this: if you take a risk of, say, $50 on a seller with some bad feedback, you might be able to score, say, a Tank Command with 15 other games and a system for that $50 because the feedback rating is 95.5%. Obviously you don't bid if most of that negative feedback is in the last six months, but if the seller got off to a rocky start some two years ago and has traded clean since then, bid away!

Then, too there are buyers like me who will not post negative comments for minor things. That's to protect the seller's reputation. While such a buyer might leave positive feedback, though, they won't buy from that seller again.

You don't even need a toolhaus tool to see all the negs she leaves - it's about all she leaves!:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=200&page=1

Wow, that's insane. It's amazing eBay allows sellers like this to continue doing business on eBay. Don't they realize that not taking action against people like this only helps further drag down eBay's reputation? :roll:

..Al

Yeah - and it goes both ways too. There are plenty of bad buyers as well as bad sellers.

EBay really needs to set up some kind of investigation division to check for fraud. I imagine they already do, but ti doesn't seem to do much good now.

As I recall, she had a deal with Zach here that nearly went ape-crap. (Do a search, you'll find it.) And she's been raked over the coals both at DP and on NESWorld. Personally, I've had a deal or two with her without problems. But they were both before all of this nonsense began to surface.

Carpe diem and all that.

EDIT: Actually, I Googled "raregamergirl" along with the terms "problem," "warning," "feedback," and others. Turns out that she's also legendary on 1UP, Neo-Geo.com, cheapassgamer, and many of the foreign eBay sites.

Edited by Snider-man

The problem with eBay is that the buyer isn't the customer; the seller is. eBay never deals directly with buyers unless there's some kind of discrepancy. They make all their money off of the sellers, and are therefore willing to let sellers get away with a lot more. That's not to say buyers never get away with anything, but typically, if a buyer bids and doesn't pay for an item, eBay will jump on them instantly and ban their account if a solution is made. This is not the case when a seller refuses to send an item.

Needless to say I didn't buy from her and put her on my "Ignore Seller" list.

Is this on ebay? I could never find it. I would make it easy for me to watch out for bad sellers. Its easier for sellers to ignore buyers.

Yeah, its under "Advanced Search"; there is an option to included and exclude particular sellers. Just pick your search topic (Atari 2600, for example), then when you get there select Advanced options, then fill in all the options (such as exclude raregamergirl) then save that search as a Favorite Search. You won't see her listings any longer and can add other sellers to your exclude list as you stumble across them.

Mendon

Guess I'm too lazy to do any research this morning.. to those that have looked at raregamergirl's history, does this person also buy games on eBay? Just curious as to whether this person is a reseller or is getting their inventory from another source.

And I'd be willing to bet that raregamergirl isn't even a girl... bet its some 400lb, bald, ex-trucker that roams the house in fluffy pink slippers. I've heard people lie & misrepresent themselves on the 'net, ya know. :D

Mendon

Edited by Mendon