IGNORED

7800 cart connector, pictures added!

Dusk2600

is there any way to make certian carts fit easier into my 7800?

like my imagic carts

perhaps someone can make a deck add on. like how they made the converters. just basically an empty cart with a double end connection? like a game genie, chips at the bottom and the teeth at the top

i dunno im just thinkin again, dont mind me :)

Edited by Dusk2600

One of my friends had one years ago, they scrapped a busted 7800 (If I knew then what I know now, I could have fixed it) and a game they had an extra copy of. It was an aweful looking beast, and was very sensitive to being jared in any way, but it let you use any game that wouldn't ordanairly fit.

I'll see if he still has that thing.

Open the 7800 up and cut the sides of the plastic sleeve on the cartridge port. While you're at it you can modify that part so that Tigervision games fit without modifying the catridges.

It's kind of involved, but I've done more difficult mods to my 7800. I can walk you through the first part for Imagic games, but I have not personally done a Tigervision mod yet. Just as soon as I get one of their games...

One of my friends had one years ago, they scrapped a busted 7800 (If I knew then what I know now, I could have fixed it) and a game they had an extra copy of. It was an aweful looking beast, and was very sensitive to being jared in any way, but it let you use any game that wouldn't ordanairly fit.

I'll see if he still has that thing.

so he made a connector out of a broken 7800 and a cartridge?

Open the 7800 up and cut the sides of the plastic sleeve on the cartridge port. While you're at it you can modify that part so that Tigervision games fit without modifying the catridges.

It's kind of involved, but I've done more difficult mods to my 7800. I can walk you through the first part for Imagic games, but I have not personally done a Tigervision mod yet. Just as soon as I get one of their games...

my system looks like it is brand new, id like to avoid surgery if possible :) but thanks

My 7800 looked brand new also. Where I cut the sleeve was far enough insides the port that it could not be seen unless one actually looked for the cut. It's impossible to see when a cartridge is loaded.

The only thing that can be seen as being added to my system is the TV Type switch, and even that is discreet. Oh, and the dust. :)

Well, my friend used a ball blazer cart, just chopped the chip off, and soldered some pins from the 7800 port to the card connector at the bottome. As I said, it was kind of schit (didn't think of useing a 2600 cart, but there should be no fitting issues with a 7800 cart, so a 2600 only adaptor would work just fine I imagine)

I imagine his cart thing woul dhave worked better, had it had some kind of case around it instead of just being a bare circuit board, with wires strung from the top cart slot to the bottome contacts, with a heavy cart sticking on the top of that. :P I have got to find that thing, it was just bizzar looking.

Well, they don't have to all be on and drawing power at once :P

I actually have several power bars plugged into one, so I can hook any number of thinstg up at once. Lots of frinds diss the weird cancerous growth comeing out of the wall looking like a cheap scifi movie monster, but hey, it works :P

Just buy one of the existing multigame switchers. There are several. The cheapest is the Video Game Brain that lets you plug about 6 games into the main box and switch via buttons. Others include the Romscanner, Starplex Game Selex, Compro Videoplexer (or the Imagic and Parker Bros previewers if you have $1000) .

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=75324

I just would have both the 7800 and 2600 hooked up.Thats what i do.

Dusk should be able to show you all what a nice pass threw looks like in a week or two as he had a good friend build him one for free. :)

Oh yeah and if anyone else wants one they cost $45 USD each cause I hate making them.

Dusk should be able to show you all what a nice pass threw looks like in a week or two as he had a good friend build him one for free. :)

Oh yeah and if anyone else wants one they cost $45 USD each cause I hate making them.

Guess i have #1 :)

Edited by Dusk2600

My 7800 looked brand new also. Where I cut the sleeve was far enough insides the port that it could not be seen unless one actually looked for the cut. It's impossible to see when a cartridge is loaded.

Seriously, this is both the easiest, and cheapest way to fix this problem. You're not actually cutting anything on the 7800's outer casing. Once you take the screws out of the bottom, and take the top cover off, there is a cup that the cart connector sits in, which is what causes the problems with Imagic and some activision carts. All you need to do is make one cut into the cup vertically on both left and right sides with a pair of scissors and the cup will stretch enough to fit any cart you like, and you cannot see the modification from the outside once you close the case back up at all.

Hell of a lot easier and cheaper than trying to build some frankencart.

Guess i have #1 :)

Nope #0, I always start at #0 not #1.

$45 for something that takes all of 30 seconds to fix for free.

Amazing. :ponder:

So you think you can make this "fix cart" as you put it in 30 seconds? Go gett'em tiger. And yes I know you where talking about the connector on the inside of the console but as each person has clearly stated they don't want to alter the 7800 console, your statment is ill founded.