Star Fire is a new Atari 2600 game programmed by Manuel Polik, who previously created Gunfight for the 2600. Star Fire is a port of the 1979 arcade game of the same name created by David Rolfe and Ted Michon and released by Exidy. Star Fire is a wave-based space shoot'em-up, with several surprises that you won't find in the original arcade game. It carefully tries to not only adopt most features of the original, but to enhance the gameplay whereever possible as well.
Star Fires features include:
- Title tune and warp sequence by Paul Slocum!
- Animated title screen by Thomas Jentzsch!
- Realtime calculation of up to 9 double sized, independent moving space objects!
- Intelligent Anti-Flicker engine!
- 9 different starting waves of increasing difficulty
Star Fire can be purchased in cartridge form from the AtariAge Store, complete with an original label and manual designed by Dve Exton.
The first 50 pilots who purchased Star Fire and sent in valid proof of a score above 3,500 points were awarded with a unique Star Fire Patch (pictured to the right) and Elite Squadron Acceptance Letter. You can view members of the Star Fire Elite Squadron here.