IGNORED

10% Off Homebrew games, Free Game with $200 Purchase in AtariAge Store

Albert

AtariAge Summer Sale through September 5th!

AtariAge Summer Sale

We've launched a Summer Sale with 10% off all 2600, 5200, 7800 and Jaguar games (minus pre-order games) in the AtariAge Store! Now's a great time to pick up some of those homebrew games you've been eyeing but haven't yet pulled the trigger on! This sale is for two weeks only, and only applies to games, hardware is excluded.

As a BONUS, any purchase of $200 or more will receive a free copy of Balloon Trip or Sheep It Up!, a $25 value! If your order exceeds $200 (after the 10% sale discount and minus shipping) and you'd like one of these two games, here's how you can get one of them free:

1. Make sure your shopping cart is loaded up with at least $200 worth of fun homebrew games (after the 10% discount and shipping).
  2. Complete the checkout process in the store.
  3. Make a note in the "Notes" field at the end of the checkout process indicating which game you'd like (Balloon Trip or Sheep It Up!) If you don't enter anything here, we'll assume you're not interested in this bonus offer.
  4. We'll then add this free game to your order!

Here are links to the Balloon Trip and Sheep It Off! so you can learn more about them:

Balloon Trip
Sheep It Up!

Minimum purchase of $50 to quality for the 10% discount to your order. This sale cannot be combined with any other offers or coupons. Sale ends on Thursday, September 5th, 2019 at 11:59pm CST!

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, wongojack said:

A Promotion!

Very nice job with this and the email. The sale is very well explained, and it is a good incentive for someone to buy some homebrews if they've been sitting on the fence for a while.

Hey, someone read the email!  :D

Thank you.  :)

..Al

8 minutes ago, FroggoGamer said:

Well I unfortunately could not take advantage of the free game but I ordered 2 games, you have to direct me where to send the Ballblazer sacrifice

Thanks for the order!  I will send you an email with details about where to send the sacrificial Ballblazer. 

..Al

Hi Albert, great timing with the promotion as I was about to do a big order and thanks for sending the email as I unfortunately don't spend enough time on Atariage and miss on things sometime.

Just a few questions first:

Can I split the order in 2 to get both games or will you still send me both if I order more than $400?

Also, as I am in Australia, is there any USA source of pokey chip that would be easier than sending sacrificial games from here?

If not, are Ballblazer or Commando PAL cart ok? Would you be able to give me a bit more time to get them organized, shipped here and ship to you?

I could split my order to make the POKEY one all together if that makes it easier.

Let me know, thanks.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, spaceman said:

Hi Albert, great timing with the promotion as I was about to do a big order and thanks for sending the email as I unfortunately don't spend enough time on Atariage and miss on things sometime.

Just a few questions first:

Can I split the order in 2 to get both games or will you still send me both if I order more than $400?

Also, as I am in Australia, is there any USA source of pokey chip that would be easier than sending sacrificial games from here?

If not, are Ballblazer or Commando PAL cart ok? Would you be able to give me a bit more time to get them organized, shipped here and ship to you?

I could split my order to make the POKEY one all together if that makes it easier.

Let me know, thanks.

Greetings,

If you place a $400+ order, I will include both games for free.  No need to split it into two.  I initially thought about restricting the free games to one per individual, regardless of amount or number of orders placed, but, hey, I don't want to discourage someone from placing a larger order.  :)

One way to get a Ballblazer cart or POKEY to me is to buy one in the US and have it shipped directly to me.  Of course, you'd want to check with the seller to make sure they are okay with that first.  PAL Ballblazer carts are fine.  I have not sacrificed any Commando carts, nor do I want to do so, since that game is rarer than Ballblazer.  No rush on getting me the cart, but I would not be able to complete the order until I have it.  Another option is to acquire a POKEY chip in Australia, and I could then send you the game and you can install the POKEY yourself (I always socket the POKEY for these games).  Then assemble it, and put the labels on yourself as well.  A few people have done this, as obviously international shipping is expensive.

..Al

Well- my question is simple, but perhaps hard to answer. I've barely dipped my toes into the world of modern day Atari... my non-vintage collection consists of Rikki & Vikki/Beef Drop on 7800, and Blinky Goes Up/Swoops on 2600.

What do you all recommend to get a $200, and which game should I get for free? ?

5 hours ago, Albert said:

Greetings,

If you place a $400+ order, I will include both games for free.  No need to split it into two.  I initially thought about restricting the free games to one per individual, regardless of amount or number of orders placed, but, hey, I don't want to discourage someone from placing a larger order.  :)

One way to get a Ballblazer cart or POKEY to me is to buy one in the US and have it shipped directly to me.  Of course, you'd want to check with the seller to make sure they are okay with that first.  PAL Ballblazer carts are fine.  I have not sacrificed any Commando carts, nor do I want to do so, since that game is rarer than Ballblazer.  No rush on getting me the cart, but I would not be able to complete the order until I have it.  Another option is to acquire a POKEY chip in Australia, and I could then send you the game and you can install the POKEY yourself (I always socket the POKEY for these games).  Then assemble it, and put the labels on yourself as well.  A few people have done this, as obviously international shipping is expensive.

..Al

POKEY's can also be had from dead 5200's or the 8bit computer line.

4 hours ago, Karl G said:

I'll give two less-frequently mentioned recommendations. Hunchy 2 is a great platformer, and Duck Attack is like a greatly-expanded Adventure. 

Thank you for this!  There are many great games that don't get the attention they deserve, and these are two of them!  I really love Duck Attack, anyone who likes Adventure should really give it a try. 

..Al

• Like 3

On 8/24/2019 at 4:22 AM, Albert said:

Greetings,

..Al

Order done! I have added a message with it, let me know where to send the Ballblazer carts and I'll do that as soon as I get them (ordered locally). It will probably take a couple of weeks until you get them, so no rush. Looking forward to these games I have been wanting for a long time....

• Like 1

I just made my order for the sale.  This bunch of 2600 homebrews came in just over $200 after the 10% off: 

• Assembloids
  • Stay Frosty 2
  • Wall Jump Ninja
  • Super Cobra Arcade
  • Scramble
  • Space Cactus Canyon

I ordered Sheep It Up! for the bonus game after playing the ROM on my Retron 77 and really enjoying it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, spaceman said:

Order done! I have added a message with it, let me know where to send the Ballblazer carts and I'll do that as soon as I get them (ordered locally). It will probably take a couple of weeks until you get them, so no rush. Looking forward to these games I have been wanting for a long time....

Thanks for the order!  I sent an email with details on where to send the Ballblazer carts.  :)

..Al

1 hour ago, bcombee said:

I just made my order for the sale.  This bunch of 2600 homebrews came in just over $200 after the 10% off: 

• Assembloids
  • Stay Frosty 2
  • Wall Jump Ninja
  • Super Cobra Arcade
  • Scramble
  • Space Cactus Canyon

I ordered Sheep It Up! for the bonus game after playing the ROM on my Retron 77 and really enjoying it.

Great selection!  You'll have tons of fun with all of those games.  :)

..Al

Hi, Al. I ordered a bunch of games last Friday but forgot to specify the free game. I don't care which of the two I receive but is it too late to include one? My order shows as Pending.

Edit -- and since we're sharing, I ordered:

• Halo 2600
  • Space Rocks
  • Star Castle
  • Draconian
  • Scramble
  • Dungeon
  • Mappy
  • Super Cobra

Looking at the recommendations in this thread, I'll need to pick up a few more in the future.

Edited by socrates63