IGNORED

Medieval Mayhem Label Contest - Winner Announced!

Albert

Winner Announced! Congratulations David Vazquez!

After deliberating over all the wonderful entries submitted to the Medieval Mayhem Label Contest, author Darrell Spice Jr. has selected an entry from David Vazquez as the winning label. David Vazquez's second submission, pictured below, will be the artwork that graces the Medieval Mayhem label as well as the manual. For winning the contest, David will receive a $50 gift certificate in the AtariAge Store, as well as a copy of Medieval Mayhem featuring his winning design. Medieval Mayhem will be available in the AtariAge Store beginning December 1st! Congratulations to David Vazquez and to all the participants who took the time to enter the contest and show off their talents! You can view all the contest entries here.

MedievalMayhem_DavidVazquez_front_2.jpg

----

Original contest announcement below:

Fans of the popular four-player Atari 2600 game Warlords (itself based on an arcade game of the same name) will be happy to learn that 2600 enthusiast Darrell Spice Jr. is nearly finished with Medieval Mayhem, an updated take on Warlords. While the original version from Atari is still a blast to play, Medieval Mayhem adds arcade features such as the launch dragon, multiple fireballs and a level of polish missing from the original 2600 release. It also includes a menu to select options before starting the game.

AtariAge and Darrell Spice Jr. are sponsoring a contest to create original artwork for Medieval MayhemThis label artwork will appear on all copies of Medieval Mayhem, which will be available through the AtariAge Store. This artwork will also be featured on the cover of the manual created for Medieval Mayhem. The winner of the contest will receive a copy of Medieval Mayhem in cartridge form, featuring their winning label design. The winner will also receive a $50 gift certificate in the AtariAge Store. The contest will run until 11:59pm (CST), Sunday, November 12th, 2006. To learn how to enter, please visit the Medieval Mayhem Label Contest page!

You aint seen nothing yet! Check my blog for what's happening to the castes :D

Darrell, just a thought-- maybe the bottom wall issue will resolve if you bump the brick pattern 1 pixel so the the wall's outside edges in the ball's playfield will be smooth to avoid those irratic ball behaviors you described in your blog. Hope it helps.

post-7623-1161478654_thumb.jpg

cant wait to see some labels.

Me too! Well, the deadline is now two weeks away (could have been one week if not for Al's extention!). I thought to see a few entries posted in the contest page by now.

Guess everyone is using the time to work hard on their labels to surprize us with an entry at the closing hour.

Me too! Well, the deadline is now two weeks away (could have been one week if not for Al's extention!). I thought to see a few entries posted in the contest page by now.

Guess everyone is using the time to work hard on their labels to surprize us with an entry at the closing hour.

Sorry, I wanted to get the labels up this weekend but have been so damn busy getting ready for the VGXPO this upcoming weekend. I'll endeavor to get the first entries I've received online tonight..

..Al

Sorry, I wanted to get the labels up this weekend but have been so damn busy getting ready for the VGXPO this upcoming weekend. I'll endeavor to get the first entries I've received online tonight..

..Al

Sounds great! Hopefully there will be a good handful of them submitted for us to view before the VGXPO weekend! :cool: Too bad I can't be there though. :(

I'm REALLY excited to see the creative labels you folks have come up with for this one. :) Can't wait untill some are posted.

Unfortunately I did not have time to post the initial labels (I have several now) before I left for the VGXPO and the earliest I will be able to post them is next Wednesday. I will extend the contest by another week if necessary.

..Al

I'm REALLY excited to see the creative labels you folks have come up with for this one. :) Can't wait untill some are posted.

Unfortunately I did not have time to post the initial labels (I have several now) before I left for the VGXPO and the earliest I will be able to post them is next Wednesday. I will extend the contest by another week if necessary.

..Al

Sounds good to me. The longer it is for the initial posting of the labels the more I'll ge tto see at once :) Have fun at the show Al be sure to take lots of pics!!