IGNORED

FS: Chunkout 2600

Zzap

Hi guys, following the Portland Retro Gaming Expo in September Rick Weis and I still have quite a few copies of Chunkout 2600 cart, manual and warranty available for sale. This simple puzzle game has won the hearts of many who have played it, and this may be your last chance to own a copy! If you'd like to pick one up they are selling for $25 plus shipping, just email Rick at 2600collector@gmail.com.

cartmanualcard.jpg

Storyline:

Jon (Lord Thag) did a fantastic job with the storyline in this manual. It really transforms this game into a genuine late 1970's classic :)

Exerpt from the back of the box:

Those evil Xotec are at it again, and this time, only you can save the peaceful planet of Zarilon from certain destruction! Equipped with the latest Atari Z2PA Advanced Calculation Computer, you must break through the Xotec Homeworld's dangerous Pulsar Fields, and take them down, piece by piece. It won't be easy. Aim your mining laser and fire! The colors disappear as you go. One wrong move and Zarilon is doomed! The Pulsar Fields get tougher the farther you go in. Do you have what it takes? Join the Zarilon Defense forces and find out! Only on Chunkout, for Atari Video Computer Systems

Reviews:

SoCalMike of Game Gavel / Chase the Chuckwagon fame recently recorded a review of the game over on the Retrogaming Roundup Podcast. We really appreciate the kind words Mike!

Many great comments about the game can be found over in the launch thread.

Further details of the game can be found over on my Chunkout 2600 Site.

Screenshots:

chunkout2600title.pngchunkout2600gameplay.png

Boxes available:

One thing we've had a few requests for was whether we could get a few more boxes made for these carts. While we don't want to detract from the limited edition released at the expo, we'd like to help out those collectors that would like a CIB copy of the game. If you'd like a nice box to add to your cart and manual, Marc Oberhauser is currently offering to make up the following design for 14 Euros plus shipping. Note that there are some differences in the design compared to the limited edition box sold at the expo, also these boxes won't be numbered. Marc's boxes are well known for their high quality German construction :)

Send a PM to Marc Oberhauser to order a box.

box_standard_complete_small.jpg

Edited by Zzap
  • Like 2

Chunkout 2600 is such a fun game. I'm glad to have received a PRGE limited numbered box edition, however this later release box is nice too. I'm surprised this hasn't completely sold out yet, but I'm sure it will now, especially with the chance to get a spiffy box for people who purchased a loose copy.

After looking at Mark Oberhauser's site and seeing all the boxes, wonder if AA store could sell the reproduction boxes?

As for Chunkout, I have only finished the game(matched all the tiles leaving none left)once getting 99,000 points.It is very addictive indeed....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...