IGNORED

should i pay 400 4 a catbox?

BuddyBuddies

been lookin 4 a catbox for awhile, sweetstuff4u has one 4 sale, should i keep waitin? also lookin for scatbox deluxe , which i havent seen for quite awhile. does anybody know how many of either were made? i have been a long time fan of the jaguar since its release but am new to the forums. opinions, offers an suggestions welcome. Thanks. :)

Well, other accusations aside sweetsstuff4u is a massive reseller who hoards up all Jag products possible in an attempt to apparently control the market and charge outrageous resell prices. So yeah, waiting might be a better idea. But if you want to blow the cash, the feedback says they will likely deliver.

Also we can now add sweetsstuff4u to the list of asshats who's pulled the 'But I'm a collector!' defense. :roll:

Well, other accusations aside sweetsstuff4u is a massive reseller who hoards up all Jag products possible in an attempt to apparently control the market and charge outrageous resell prices. So yeah, waiting might be a better idea. But if you want to blow the cash, the feedback says they will likely deliver.

Also we can now add sweetsstuff4u to the list of asshats who's pulled the 'But I'm a collector!' defense. :roll:

Gee, could i ask for better praise?! I am not a massive reseller, i am a simple businessman. I have no desire to "control the market". Sounds like jealousy speaking to me..... Please add me to whatever list you'd like. I am a collector, but I do not deny selling for profit, either! If you saw my personal collection of atari jaguar, you'd be even more jealous.

Gee, could i ask for better praise?! I am not a massive reseller, i am a simple businessman. I have no desire to "control the market". Sounds like jealousy speaking to me..... Please add me to whatever list you'd like. I am a collector, but I do not deny selling for profit, either! If you saw my personal collection of atari jaguar, you'd be even more jealous.

I've never felt so popular before in my life. I appreciate all the great publicity~!

Also, if another catbox is listed on ebay, don't think I won't be out there to try and win it. That would make 5! anybody else got even one?

sweetstuff4u is always over priced - I would wait

what do you think a fair price is for a catbox? should i just give it away? my auction is open for offers.. find me another one, please~!

I base my opinion which Im free to have on the prices you charge at your online store.

Sorry if my opinion offends you - you over pay for stuff and over charge for it since you need to make money on the prices you pay for stuff.

I've never felt so popular before in my life. I appreciate all the great publicity~!

You know, I have never felt more foolish for giving someone the benefit of the doubt in the market place post.

If the thread wasn't locked, I would edit and delete my post out of pure embarassment.

Congrats on all your Jag stuff. :| Whoopdee freakin' do. :roll:

If you saw my personal collection of atari jaguar, you'd be even more jealous.
Also, if another catbox is listed on ebay, don't think I won't be out there to try and win it. That would make 5! anybody else got even one?

Bah, that's nothing. I have 23 copies of Battlesphere Gold, and I relish the fact that fans who would enjoy them will never be able to afford them.

Sometimes I take them out of their boxes at night and roll around naked in a pile of their translucent glory! :lust:

$400? Is that what they go for now days? I should sell mine since I never use it and I have a Scatbox anyway (what do those go for?). Hell, with the prices Jag items seem to fetch now days I should sell my collection and pay off my mortgage... :)

Tempest

$400? Is that what they go for now days? I should sell mine since I never use it and I have a Scatbox anyway (what do those go for?). Hell, with the prices Jag items seem to fetch now days I should sell my collection and pay off my mortgage... :)

Tempest

if u are interested let me know, i paid just over 200 for my scatbox sealed bout 3 yrs ago, came from overseas, dont know what its worth. thanks.

I don´t think that the cat box is worth 400 bucks. Most of it´s features can relatively easy done by yourselves.

And of course there are other boxes araound, that gave you it´s features too.

If your a collector, you have to be aware of the package of this box. It´s the original box in which ICD shiped out the P: R: interface for ATARIs eight bit computers. Off course reverse folded.

Here's some good publicity...

Protector SE w/ Native Demo from a certain retailer brand new for $75.

SS4U for only $125.

Do the math.

That being said, I would never tell you or anyone else how much they should be selling something for. That is completely up to you and is your right. If people want to know where to get the best deal, you need to be patient, do some looking for stores that still sell online and watch out on EBay -- don't take the first one you see as it may be overpriced. Scope it out for a couple of months.

I recently dealt with Sweetsstuff4u when he purchased some Jag stuff from me, he's an all-right guy, and a business man, like me, that is looking to make a profit/living. I get pissed off occasionally at him when I see him bidding on everything so it seems I can't get a good deals on auctions much, especially with non-working product, which is my niche as I like to buy the broken stuff for dirt cheap, fix it and resell for a decent profit myself, and he screws that up for me some times, but he is just doing the same thing I am. Though I'd never dream of trying to resell the stuff for as much as he does, his prices are outragious as far as I'm concerned, but if he can sell it for that price, more power to him. The market will ultimately dictate his pricing, if someone is dumb enough to pay his prices, that's their fault, not his. But the Catbox is averaging $150-$200 lately, I know, becuase I bought one for $150, and when I was unemployed I sold it for that (it was not bought for profit, I too am a collector, and I only by broken stuff to repair and resell). So I'd say wait until you see a Catbox for $150-$200. It will happen. Though you may end up bidding against Sweetsstuff4u to get it.

I'm happy to deal with Sweetsstuff4u and sell stuff to him, but I'm not stupid enough to ever buy from him. Sorry Sweetsstuff4u, but if I'm anything, it's up-front and honest as you yourself can attest too...your prices ARE ridiculous, as I told you before, but if your items are selling for that price, kudos. It boggles my mind that you can sell for that much, but I guess if your patient, the suckers come around eventually. My problem is I'm not patient enough to wait for a sucker and so I sell for fair market value.

Edited by Gunstar

If you saw my personal collection of atari jaguar, you'd be even more jealous.

Bah, that's nothing. I have 23 copies of Battlesphere Gold, and I relish the fact that fans who would enjoy them will never be able to afford them.

Sometimes I take them out of their boxes at night and roll around naked in a pile of their translucent glory! :lust:

LOL!!! LOLWROTF!!! :D

By the way Sweetsstuff4u, I recently (last night acutally) repaired a rare Jaguar development console, which has a unique yellow LED power light. I mention this becuase it's for sale (or trade) if your interested, contact me. It does need the Alpine board development board to be the complete development system though. If you hold the "B" button when turning it on, it still works like a regular Jaguar though. You can buy it from me for a fairly good price and then patiently wait to sell it for a hell of a lot more in your store if you want. I see Alpine boards up for auction on e-bay occsionally, maybe you even have one already and are just waiting for my development Jaguar...

Edited by Gunstar

Yeah, I didn't have any problems ordering from him at all -- the loose items and some of the "complete" auctions actually went for a decent price, so I won't ever complain about that either. It's just the overpriced ones, but as I said, if someone is dumb enough to pay that much then that's their fault. You just need to be patient and wait for it to show up.

Actually, one thing I've been wondering is why SS4U doesn't just put in his maximum price he's willing to pay and leave it at that when he bids on an item. Wouldn't that be easier than incrementally bidding over and over and over again? My guess is there isn't a "maximum" he's willing to bid, because he'll just up the price if the items start costing more, but I don't know.

Good luck on the auctions SS4U, because I know of many jag collectors who have been brought into the light that you don't always have the best deals on the web. However, you certainly are the one person who has the best selection of jag stuff consistently selling on EBay. That much, I'll give you.

you should check my feedback and you can see i ship fast 99.9% feedback score

sweetsstuff4u