IGNORED

Playstation Home

Lord Helmet

I dunno, I'm as big a Nintendo fan as anyone...but this is pretty cool. In fact, its the first truly cool thing I have seen out of the PS3 yet. This makes the whole Mii deal look really gay :)

In fact, this is what Nintendo NEEDS to do with the Mii plaza.

Edited by Lord Helmet

* waits for bashing from Nintendoheads *

"Bah, Mii's are much better."

You didn't have to wait long. :grin:

It looks interesting and it certainly goes a lot further than the Wii does. I like the idea of the arcade games, pool and stuff. I wonder if there'll be an option to effectively be "invisible" so you don't get bothered by people trying to talk to you if you don't want them to.

This is a substantial step in the right direction for the PS3 - now all it needs is a $300 price cut and I'll pick one up! :grin:

I'm not sold on this. What's the point of a hyper-realistic virtual world without any real goals? I don't care how great the Playstation 3's graphics are... you could get a much better view by just stepping outside.

Granted, the Miis are far more primitive, but they've got one thing Playstation Home lacks... personality. This is exactly what I hate about Sony... aside from a few all-too-rare exceptions (the upcoming Little Big World for one), they've got no sense of whimsy. All their output has to be photo-realistic. Sorry guys, but I play video games to escape reality, not to further immerse myself in it.

JR

I think this Home thingy looks pretty interesting. It's one of those things that I need to see though before I really get a grasp on it. On the other hand, I kinda think the simplicity of Live is a great approach. I can video chat, text, voice chat, and interact in a simple manner. The community as a whole really has no personality, but the people on my friends list do. Now, if the PS Home service can let you break into apartments, steal stuff, break other peoples stuff, hide their stuff, or gives you the opportunity to cause some kind of disruption with these avatar things, then I think it would be really cool. But just to mingle? I'd rather play a game.