IGNORED

JAGUAR-HSC April-B JagMania - RoadRunner_161,300

doctorclu

There is a huge competition across the high score threads for Ms. Pac-Man. Since JagMania is the closest we have in the Jaguar world, it has been agreed that can be the Jaguar contribution to this contest. And honestly, I think it the most fun Pac-anything I have ever played.

post-4709-1207055551_thumb.png

We will keep score for ourself and our score board, but also total all our scores to see how we do against the other High Score Club Threads. So do your best, and all scores help! :D

The game currently is not OFFICIALLY on any CD and after talking to Matthias I agreed not to link to any CD images that might exist from this thread. (and any links posted will be deleted) However, I will link where you can find the game itself which can be loaded by BJL, JUGS, and other means. If you have a BJL setup or JUGS and have trouble loading this, please let me know.

JAGMANIA LINKS -

http://www.mdgames.de/jag_eng.htm

Or more directly..

http://www.mdgames.de/jagmania.zip

Got a CD Unit, Protector SE, (or I think Battlesphere Gold)? Then all you need is this adaptor and a laptop...

http://morethangames.a8maestro.com/prodgame/advert-g2.htm

This contest will not only test your skills in gaming, but will test your skills in setting up a game loader, which will be nice to have in the long run anyway. :D

161,300_RoadRunner

123,800_DoctorClu

Edited by kevincal

I saw that post thanks. forgot all about it.

still no laptop yet,so I can't play in the jaguar one.

Need a LOONG cable to run from your desktop?

not really.but I don't feel like setting up it to my desktop,plus as soon as get my laptop all my programing and club stuff is going be

move to there(ie batari absic,and some club items like fanzines and websites stuff)

Ok let me start things off... 123,800 (Level 6)

It took me a bit to remember how to load Jagmania on the BJL. In truth, I had never done it before I don't believe, I think last time was on a JUGS setup (and if you have Battlesphere I can walk you through that load as well.)

Using Protector SE, I held down "8" on the control pad to bring the BJL loader in 8-bit mode.

On the PC I put the BJL loader in the root c drive with Jagmania.jag, and I typed in "C:/lo -n -8 jagmania.jag" or in my case I just shortened the name to "Jag"

Played the game.. it is a real blast. I think that Jaguar users will build up a high score, but not many of us will play since there is a bit of a hardware and learning curve in our case (not being on a cartridge or CD unlike the other systems).

Anyway, enjoy the game... I was NO WHERE close to dieing when I got the score, I just have a lot going on, but wanted to get that up here to encourage those of you here to play. :D

post-4709-1207272112_thumb.jpg

post-4709-1207272129_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well doc, you got me excited about the BJL-thing, but it's no JagMania for me.

I've ordered the adapter, but I still need a cable.

This is not a problem, but I decided that at this time I don't want to hassle with this stuff.

I'd rather pop in a game which I can play right away, thanks for the suggestion though :)

Well doc, you got me excited about the BJL-thing, but it's no JagMania for me.

I've ordered the adapter, but I still need a cable.

This is not a problem, but I decided that at this time I don't want to hassle with this stuff.

I'd rather pop in a game which I can play right away, thanks for the suggestion though :)

And you got me excited that you had a score. Like all Jaguar high score contests, this will continue after today. You will get a point for trying the first time and a point if you beat the high score. I look forward to playing you at this.

And the BJL is a fun addition. There are more and more games coming out that can use it, especially with the JagCode competition every year.

So with that, submit a score here when you can.

Well one more day on this. If you can, give this a shot, it really is a fun game. Probably the most fun Pac-Man type game I have ever played.

I played this game a lot on my Atari ST (PacMania), and I loved it. To bad there is no normal Jagaur CD version, so this can only be played with an adapter, cable and whatever.

Well one more day on this. If you can, give this a shot, it really is a fun game. Probably the most fun Pac-Man type game I have ever played.

I played this game a lot on my Atari ST (PacMania), and I loved it. To bad there is no normal Jagaur CD version, so this can only be played with an adapter, cable and whatever.

There is a nero image of this on Jaguar Sector II if you look through the messages, but never got this to work. Oh well, I needed to get a good BJL setup going for my Jaguar anyway.

I asked Matthias if we could make a CD for this contest, but he felt the program was too close to a real product already and felt it would compete with a later sold copy. And the game is quite solid truthfully. So to honor that that is why I directed to the program rather than disc images from here.

And to be honest, I have yet to make a disc of this. However, not that is can't be made, once again complements of Matthias....

http://www.mdgames.de/jaguarcd/CreatingJaguarCDs.html

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...