IGNORED

Original XBOX Live Card Codes on 360

GrizzLee

OK gang. Here is the deal. Today, I happened upon a brand new original XBOX live kit with Crimson Skies, the Pac-Man Arcade Disc, communicator and 12 months of XBOX live for $5.99.... yep, that is $5.99, not $59.99.

My question is...

Will the subscription code work on the 360? I suspect it will. Just thought I'd ask to make sure.

Gotta love Goodwill when they get new-old stock in :)

Thanks,

-Lee

Edited by Lee Krueger

According to this thread those expired cards still work. But he punched it into an original XBox. I would give it a try. If you have an original XBox punch it in there and then migrate your account over to the 360 (do a gamertag recovery on the 360.) This is the only way you can use the same account on an original XBox and a 360 anyway. If you register an account on the 360 it won't work on the original XBox. If you don't have an original XBox then punch the code into the 360 and cross your fingers.

According to this thread those expired cards still work. But he punched it into an original XBox. I would give it a try. If you have an original XBox punch it in there and then migrate your account over to the 360 (do a gamertag recovery on the 360.) This is the only way you can use the same account on an original XBox and a 360 anyway. If you register an account on the 360 it won't work on the original XBox. If you don't have an original XBox then punch the code into the 360 and cross your fingers.

In other words, I wouldn't be able to apply it to an existing account. I would lose all my acheivements, downloads, etc.... by having to create a new acct and migrate it :ponder:

Geez they make it complicated.

I'm going to check around a bit before I punch in the code. I don't have the card with me, but does it state on the card itself about an expiration date?

Thanks,

-Lee

In other words, I wouldn't be able to apply it to an existing account. I would lose all my acheivements, downloads, etc.... by having to create a new acct and migrate it :ponder:

I'm going to check around a bit before I punch in the code. I don't have the card with me, but does it state on the card itself about an expiration date?

Thanks,

-Lee

The original XBox didn't have profiles or achievements. There was no "profile" until they came up with XBox Live and you signed up for an account. There was also no such thing as different levels of subscription like silver accounts. You either had Live or you didn't. So these issues simply didn't exist when they created those cards.

Thanks,

-Lee

The original XBox didn't have profiles or achievements. There was no "profile" until they came up with XBox Live and you signed up for an account. There was also no such thing as different levels of subscription like silver accounts. You either had Live or you didn't. So these issues simply didn't exist when they created those cards.

Sooo does this mean I can migrate the account to an existing XBOX360 account? If so, then this works for me as I have older XBOXs lying around :)

Thanks.

-Lee

Thanks,

-Lee

Sooo does this mean I can migrate the account to an existing XBOX360 account? If so, then this works for me as I have older XBOXs lying around :)

Thanks.

-Lee

OK, I just got off the phone with MS Support. They state that the original XBOX subscription card will work on the XBOX 360. I have a case number and it is documented that they stated so. I should be good to go try it out.

Thanks,

-Lee

I should be good to go try it out.

Thanks,

-Lee

Let us know if it works. My understanding was you could only migrate an account off the Xbox onto the Xbox 360. If you can input the codes directly into the 360 and get credit...that would be swell.

The only reason I recommended using the card on an XBox console was because that is the only way to have an account that you can use on both. Sometimes I use XBox Live on my original XBox still (I got my account the day Live release on the XBox) and I use the same account. Accounts registered on an XBox 360 can't be used on an XBox.

But if you aren't concerned about using your Live account on the original XBox then go for it. Let us know if the code works or not. :)

The only reason I recommended using the card on an XBox console was because that is the only way to have an account that you can use on both.

OK, I see what you were after. That is a good point. I never used my original XBOX for Live gaming. I am not sure, I ever will. What other original XBOX games (ones that don't run on the 360) are good on-line? I still play Halo 2 on-line, but that works on my 360.

Thanks Hyper-Eye.

(BTW: MY wireless network works just fine... Thanks so much for the good feedback... you should be on the MS XBOX Support Payroll)

-Lee