IGNORED

I want a catbox

kev187

So how often do these show up on ebay & what's the average cost?

I run all my game systems though a monitor, want to run the rgb to the vga via an upscaler. Figure would look nice. I know these things are rare expensive, but how often do they show up? I am pulling some funds for the purchase!

So how often do these show up on ebay & what's the average cost?

I run all my game systems though a monitor, want to run the rgb to the vga via an upscaler. Figure would look nice. I know these things are rare expensive, but how often do they show up? I am pulling some funds for the purchase!

They dont come up on ebay very often, i own about 10 of them and have paid between $200-$350 for them. I have that many for my networks. Keep an eye out in the marketplace and on jaguarsector.com as they pop up every now and then. Good luck! "JAGUAR RULES!" :D

If RGB video is all you're looking for, get a SCART cable (the thick black circular kind, not the grey ribbon kind -- those have lousy video quality) instead. They're much cheaper and will work just as well.

Can the scar be converted to the traditional 9-pin RGB? I found an upscaler to convert 9-pin RBB to 15-pin VGA for my LCD monitor.

Can you send me a link or where to find the "good" scart cable for the jagaur? This would be a cheaper option. Not that I have not ruled out the catbox just for collector sakes. But all options are open at this point for my Jaguar. I dropped $350 last year on Battlesphere gold, might as well have a good picture for it :-)

Nothing else beats the picture of a Jag with a Scart cable, its a world of difference.

Thanks so much

But what can I get to convert the "scart" cable to work with my monitor? IE VGA D-sub or ypbpr component

Thats the trick, is getting it convereted to a signal I can use on my monitor :-)

I really really appreciate this help!

I have no idea my scart cable goes straight into the back of my TV :D

You crazy europeans and your cool tv-connector things ;-)

Ill track someting down, I see some scart to component video converters online, that may be the way to go.

Thanks for the atarirx, I am going to PM

I have no idea my scart cable goes straight into the back of my TV :D

You crazy europeans and your cool tv-connector things ;-)

Ill track someting down, I see some scart to component video converters online, that may be the way to go.

Thanks for the atarirx, I am going to PM

here is a link....

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/144755-fs-jaguar-cat-box/page__p__1759684__hl__cat%20box__fromsearch__1entry1759684

The RGB cable in the eBay auction you posted is not an official one ; it will probably work but the quality is unknown.

Anyways, it is possible to build or buy an adapter to convert SCART RGB to 9-pin RGB.

To build it, you need a female SCART socket and one male Sub-D plug ; plus two male RCA plugs for audio.

Here are the connections :

Video

SCART pins 5, 9, 13 and 17 <-> Sub-D pin 1

SCART pin 15 <-> Sub-D pin 3

SCART pin 11 <-> Sub-D pin 4

SCART pin 7 <-> Sub-D pin 5

SCART pin 20 <-> Sub-D pin 7

Audio (left channel)

SCART pin 6 <-> RCA tip

SCART pin 4 <-> RCA ring

Audio (right channel)

SCART pin 2 <-> RCA tip

SCART pin 4 <-> RCA ring

Note that it will work only if your VGA upscaler accepts composite sync input (check the user manual).

If it doesn't, you'll need a sync stripper as well.

Another option is to buy a VGA upscaler which already has a RGB SCART input. They're quite easy to find in Europe, but I don't know if it's also the case in the USA.

Every time I see this thread pop up I can't help but think that I have a cat box as well.......one that I am SURE no one is interested in, heck I am not interested in having it.....its just a necessary thing. :D

So do you want to sell it ;-)

The RGB cable in the eBay auction you posted is not an official one ; it will probably work but the quality is unknown

Another option is to buy a VGA upscaler which already has a RGB SCART input. They're quite easy to find in Europe, but I don't know if it's also the case in the USA.

So how hard are the official cables to find?

I am going to look for a Scart RGB to VGA upscaler. IN the end this would be a much more inexpensive route to get the best pic for my jag. I would have to get the catbox + rgb to vga upscaler anyway. But I am ready to open my wallet.

Again.. thanks so much for all the feedback!

If RGB video is all you're looking for, get a SCART cable (the thick black circular kind, not the grey ribbon kind -- those have lousy video quality) instead. They're much cheaper and will work just as well.

Where can I find this good scart cable?

The "good" official cable looks like this :

jag%20scart.jpg

Unfortunately I don't know much about where to buy Jaguar stuff in the USA, as I'm in Europe.

Best Electronics probably has them. They have pretty much every spare part for every Atari system. I'd say your best bet is to send them an e-mail -- their website is very messy and incomplete, but their customer service is excellent.

Every time I see this thread pop up I can't help but think that I have a cat box as well.......one that I am SURE no one is interested in, heck I am not interested in having it.....its just a necessary thing. :D

So do you want to sell it ;-)

Well if you really want to buy it.....you can come and get it. I can't guarantee it will smell like roses....but I am SURE it will smell :D

I never bought from them myself, but the feedback I've heard has been pretty negative, and a quick Google search finds many dissatisfied customers (items received are different from what's been ordered, used items sold as "new", poor customer service) :

(topics in French)

http://www.gamekult....m/lire_n508815/

http://www.gamekult...._n445548_page1/

I would avoid them if I were you.

For Jaguar stuff in Europe, you can try Telegames UK. I've bought a brand new Jaguar from them several years ago and everything went fine.

Edited by Zerosquare

I never bought from them myself, but the feedback I've heard has been pretty negative, and a quick Google search finds many dissatisfied customers (items received are different from what's been ordered, used items sold as "new", poor customer service) :

(topics in French)

For Jaguar stuff in Europe, you can try Telegames UK. I've bought a brand new Jaguar from them several years ago and everything went fine.

Thanks everyone....

Looks like I found a Capbox for $250. Pricey... but online the only original SCART cable with the Jagaur logo on them was selling for $99 USA + shipping from Europe. So if I am going to pay that much for just the cable, I am going to for the full on catbox :-) I can get a 9-pin RGB to d-sub upscaler for another $90 to use it with the VGA only LCD screen for my gaming systems.

Something about the Jag & its low res polygons running through the S-video on a LCD looks horrid, where as my 16-bit systems not soo bad. I use the VGA box on my dream cast & it looks amazing. So Ill post an update once everything is running.

When I have friends look through my vintage collection & they see the Jag, I want them to see it playing in all its glory :-)

Thanks for answer. Unfortunately Telegames selled all Jaguar consoles. They appear on their website but I contacted Telegames and they only have Jaguar Japanese version with Alien vs Predator :(

It's quite difficult to find a real unused new unit.

(topics in French)

Edited by Battlezone