20 members have voted

1. 1. shoot!

• Crossfire
    • Berzerk
    • Aquatron
    • Excelsor
    • The Lone Raider

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Go... Aquatron! (picturing Ralph Wiggum saying, "Go banana.")

If Aquatron doesn't win and Berzerk needs one vote to win, I want to transfer my vote to Berzerk.

(...just like I do for municipal elections)

Funny about Wiggum AND municipal elections.

Maybe we should have an automatic runoff between the top two in the event that one title doesn't win at least 50% of the votes. Heh.

I voted for the one I have. :(

Which one is that Zylon?

Berserk. I had a cart made under the false assumption that it would be better with regular controls than on 5200. I was wrong.

Yes. I agree. I got a repro cart of that as well, and it is extremely difficult to get through a lot of screens on that one. I'm quite used to and good at the 2600 version, but I guess that one is just really easy. I stink at the 800 version, but enjoy trying to get a little further each time. And the 5200 version does seem a bit easier, even with the floppy 5200 joysticks.

I voted for the one I have. :(

Which one is that Zylon?

Berserk. I had a cart made under the false assumption that it would be better with regular controls than on 5200. I was wrong.

Yes. I agree. I got a repro cart of that as well, and it is extremely difficult to get through a lot of screens on that one. I'm quite used to and good at the 2600 version, but I guess that one is just really easy. I stink at the 800 version, but enjoy trying to get a little further each time. And the 5200 version does seem a bit easier, even with the floppy 5200 joysticks.

I think the 800 version that has been patched for XL/XE - the speech sounds slower and less intimidating (on PAL anyway) may play slower and be easier than the unpatched version. I guess it would still run on an 800 :)

LONE RAIDER!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!

although it will never win :(

First game I ever played on my first Atari (800XL with 1010 pack from Dixon's on Croydon High Street) Had several pack in games from Atari UK all on tape with the red covers...

I remember playing this game for hours, My Mum was pretty good at it too...

If Lone Raider does by somechance win, I'll play it from that very tape!

I voted for Berzerk since I just got it and have been playing it. Mine is patched for XL/XE (playing on 800 XL), but I'm guessing it's only slower in PAL beacuse it wasn't optimized for PAL. I found it to control fine and have gotten up past the pink robots (I think the robot colors started from yellow after that).

I voted for Berzerk since I just got it and have been playing it. Mine is patched for XL/XE (playing on 800 XL), but I'm guessing it's only slower in PAL beacuse it wasn't optimized for PAL. I found it to control fine and have gotten up past the pink robots (I think the robot colors started from yellow after that).

Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

I'll have to dig out the Atari 800 and compare it with the patched XE version if this wins - I know the speech was different (not as good!) on the XE (both PAL) :ponder:

oh ok. cool. Sounds like there is a difference. I noticed a few of the protos are listed as originally not working on the XL/XE, but are listed as working on the XL/XE since they have been patched (or have a later version).

I finally watched the Jr. Pac-Man video on kjmann's site. It was already mentioned before that it lacks the bug of the 5200, but what shoud have been mentioned is that it also has better sound than the 5200 and has more sound from the arcade (the ghost blue sound is no longer the one from Ms. Pac-Man and sounds more like the arcade Jr. Pac-Man sound). I wish the links there were more mobile friendly since Youtube videos are usually viewable on the iPad. Anyone have the B&C version of it? I'm guessing it might be the newer proto, but I'm not 100 percent sure since the ebay page for it copies the 5200 manual. I wouldn't mind seeing Jr. Pac-Man in the high score club. I love Jr. Pac-Man and plan to pick up the newer version, though I also have the 2600 and 7800 versions.

Edited by BrianC

I'll add PacMan Jr to a future vote, you can add this and any other games you fancy playing to the games list :) If you want to play any of the games you have missed this season: Ms Pacman, Bounty Bob Strikes Back or Oils Well, you can still post scores and I'll award you some points to get you up an running :D

Loooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee RAIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chicken. Fight like a ... robot.

Only one lone vote for the Lone Raider. How appropriate.

I better start practising my robot-like fighting techniques.

The humanoid must not escape!