IGNORED

HSC10 Round 1 Poll

Vote for the first game of Season 10  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Game Links and Details below

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Welcome EVERYONE to the High Score Club Season 10 :D

Vote here for the first round, links abd details of the games are below.

Suggest any games you'd like to play on the Games List thread. If you're new checkout the Beginners Guide, post or send me a message for any help whatsoever. Basically its play the game and post your scores (screenshots are optional) simple!

Poll Closes Weds 23rd Thurs 24th 10am GMT

trbb :P

Jet Boot Jack - Challenging & colourful 10 screen platformer (x5 difficulty levels) 'Let it Rock' [Not played in HSC before]

Download: Fandal XEX Atarionline.pl XEX & ATR Atarimania Instructions

jet_boot_jack.png

Galactic Chase - Excellent Galaxian Clone [Not played in HSC before]

Download: Fandal XEX Atarimania Instructions

galactic_chase.gif

Pac-man - what do you mean never heard of it?! [HSC Rating 9]

Download: Fandal XEX Atarimania ROM & Instructions (We can decide which version(s) to play if it wins the vote: Atari 1982, Datasoft with intermissions, or even the new 2012 'Arcade' ver?)

PacMan_2.gif

Ixion - Little known classic - collect the letters IXION, shoot the baddies, bounce the balls around to destroy the enemies and replenish the floor "tiles", collect the time bonus [HSC Rating 10]

Download: Fixed Ver. Fandal

littleman jack - 20/11/2010 "Very fun game. It's also very addicting, one of those games where you keep hitting start to try and do a little better."

post-19705-0-75122500-1358532761_thumb.png

Zybex - Multi Stage Horizontal Scrolling Shooter [HSC Rating 9]

Download: Fandal XEX Atariamania Instructions

zybex_4.gif

I vote pacman, 1982 version, because then I can put a cartridge to use :)

Hopefully we can play some of the classics this year although I think some people have got bored of them now. Perhaps Bob could set us some bonus point score challenges for the classics to run along side the rounds!

Does anyone know where to get instructions to IXION? I would like to read up on this game...it is addicting and fun..but not understanding everything about the game is a hinder.

It's a fantastic game - move around collecting the letters I X I O N - if you get them all before the time bar (around the screen edge) runs out you bag a bonus. Shoot the enemy gun turrets. Bash into or fire the yellow balls around the screen - diagonally works good, to fill in the screen tiles (and kill the baddies). . The game offers great variety: Collect other bonus crystals? on some rounds there are BAD brown balls that destroy you and the tiles. Neatly the firing is controllable so if you let the bullets travel to reach further before pressing fire you can get to a stuck ball :-o :D if you fire rapidly the bullets don't travel far. They also bounce off the screen edges. On the bonus stages you have to fill in all the tiles in the shorter time limit!

The 2600 release has some IXIONfo ;)

• Like 1

Hopefully we can play some of the classics this year although I think some people have got bored of them now. Perhaps Bob could set us some bonus point score challenges for the classics to run along side the rounds!

If everyone is this keen we'll have a fun season :thumbsup: There'll be plenty of classics and I'll not have many rounds that go over the 2 weeks so we should get a few more in this year. We could have a Classics bonus round - any ideas stick them on the games list thead folks :thumbsup:

It's a fantastic game - move around collecting the letters I X I O N - if you get them all before the time bar (around the screen edge) runs out you bag a bonus. Shoot the enemy gun turrets. Bash into or fire the yellow balls around the screen - diagonally works good, to fill in the screen tiles (and kill the baddies). . The game offers great variety: Collect other bonus crystals? on some rounds there are BAD brown balls that destroy you and the tiles. Neatly the firing is controllable so if you let the bullets travel to reach further before pressing fire you can get to a stuck ball :-o :D if you fire rapidly the bullets don't travel far. They also bounce off the screen edges. On the bonus stages you have to fill in all the tiles in the shorter time limit!

The 2600 release has some IXIONfo ;)

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

I cannot get Galactic Chase to work...I am using emulators and I can get as far as starting the game....but the group of ships on top just move back and forth...and I cannot move my ship. I fear this game is unplayable.

I am using Altirra 2.10 and Atari Win 4.1

I have no problems with other games that I have.

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

I cannot get Galactic Chase to work...I am using emulators and I can get as far as starting the game....but the group of ships on top just move back and forth...and I cannot move my ship. I fear this game is unplayable.

I am using Altirra 2.10 and Atari Win 4.1

I have no problems with other games that I have.

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Pressing Start (F2) should get them going on either emulator. Fandal's version has a title screen picture added, also available are atarionline.pl's v2 XEX or v1 ATR :)

Looking forward to tomorrow ;)