Pac-Man Collection 40th Anniversary Edition - Atari 7800
Pac-Man has won the hearts of men, women, and children all over the world for the last 40 years! So, we have adapted sixteen versions of Pac-Man for your ATARI 7800 system! These games have all the excitement and challenge of their arcade counterparts. And now you can play them in the comfort and convenience of your home.
Whether you are playing as Pac-Man or Ms. Pac-Man, your goal is to keep them alive. Guide them and guard them; protect them from the monsters. Gobble dots, energy pills, fruit, beverages, pretzels, Galaxian ships, bread, bells, keys, pancakes and blue monsters to score points. Eat all the dots on the screen and the maze starts all over.
The number of lives selected when you start the game are indicated by the small Pac-Man / Ms. Pac-Man symbols at the lower left corner of the screen. When game play begins, the player moves to the starting position at the center, close to the bottom of the screen. Use the joystick to guide the player around the maze.
As you pass over the dots, you gobble them up and score points. Also in the maze are four large energy pills and four monsters. The monsters are out to devour you, but the energy pills give you the necessary power to gobble up the monsters first! When you eat an energy pill, the monsters turn blue with fright. You can then chase the monsters and gobble them up. But watch out! When the monsters start blinking, run quickly; they’re about to change back to their true colors. The more monsters you gobble up with one energy pill, the more points you score.
You can also collect other valuable bonus prizes depending on the Game Type and Game Variation being played. These prizes only last a few seconds, so get them while you can!
When you are playing the Pac-Man variations of games, the bonus prize appears under the monsters’ pen, and disappears after a few seconds. In the Ms. Pac-Man variations, the bonus prize moves! It bounces in from one of the side doors, moves around the monsters’ pen, and then finally exits through any of the available side doors (if you haven’t caught it!)
Use the joystick to slide the player in and out of the openings on either side of the maze. If the player exits on the right, they re-enter on the left; if the player exits on the left, they re-enter on the right. But beware, the monsters can travel these routes too! (Except the top and bottom exits in the Hangly-Man empty maze.)
Pac-Man Plus Differences
- The overall speed of the game will be increased.
- When eating an energizer, one of two things can randomly happen: either the maze will turn invisible, or one of the monsters won’t turn blue! (So be careful!)
- Different bonus prizes will be encountered. These bonus prizes have been influenced by the energy pills and will make the monsters turn invisible! When the monsters are in this state, they are worth twice the points as they would be when blue (they are much harder to catch when you can’t see them).
- Features 16 different variations of Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man!
- One or Two Players
- Choose to play Normal or Fast Speeds
- Start with Three or Five Lives (Left Difficulty Switch)
- Special Two-Player Mode where one player can control Blinky (Right Difficulty Switch)
- Choose which level to start play on
Included with Pac-Man Collection 40th Anniversary Edition is the game cartridge, full color 8-page manual, and professionally printed box.
|Number of Players||1 - 2|
|Controller||7800 Proline Controllers|
|Programming and Manual Text||Bob DeCrescenzo|
|Packaging Design and Artwork||Nathan Strum|